Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett Herdter
United States
Strasburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Did anyone else see that FFG has games in Target now?!? I was shopping last night and saw Lord of the Rings the Coop, Rune Age and Deadwood! Cool!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
FFG has become one of the biggest gaming companies in the world. I beleive it's the fifth largest.

At one point, you attract the main retailers. I have a feeling they might not be far from WalMart and Toys 'R Us, if they decide to go that way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I stumbled across the same thing a couple days ago. I believe my general thought at the time was, "Wait a minute... This isn't Monopoly..." haha
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Morgan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just in ours today and they don't have them. Maybe they're on the way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty cool, if you ask me.

The more mainstream these "heavier" games become, the more chances we have at finding new gamers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Carlough
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Free Cascadia!
badge
High adventure in the world of high finance...
mbmbmbmbmb
And the more likely we'll see mass market crap designed purely so that it will sell thousands of copies (look what happened to video games).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's see, I've seen A Game of Thrones and Settlers of Catan at our local target store. I was moderately impressed.

When I see Twilight Imperium, then I'll be REALLY impressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thanks for reading me, I'm so lonely.
mbmbmbmbmb
jasoncarlough wrote:
And the more likely we'll see mass market crap designed purely so that it will sell thousands of copies (look what happened to video games).

...but... that's all Target carried until now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James McMillan
Scotland
Cupar
Fife
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do get the feeling that FFG is losing its way a bit. I feel the corporate mentality is beginning to chink it's way through. I cut my gaming teeth on FFG games and I loved them but the lustre is wearing off for me.

I visited Arkham Nights last year and was very excited to be at the convention centre. Arkham Horror has been a favourite of mine for a long time. I have many of the expansions but have found it has just got unwieldy. Mansions of Madness I thought was ingenious and I still enjoy it but somehow it feels unfinished. I bought lots of the scenarios at the convention centre and they still sit in their packaging. Elder Sign was bought basically so I could play Arkham Horror in an hour. But it isn't much of anything to me and has been culled. LOTR card game keeps my interest but my box is filling up with cards and my deck doesn't seem to be getting any more cohesive. I keep waiting for the next adventure pack to be released.

And therein lies the problem to me. I have bought into FFG and it doesn't seem to be paying off. There seems to be the promise of excellence but when I look at what is coming out I just see a lot of expansions and reworkings of previously unfinished ideas. I have this vague low level feeling of dissatisfaction which keeps me waiting for the next box to buy - and it's becoming increasingly irritating.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm. I did noticed a few months ago that FFG games were being directly filled by Amazon rather than by third-party companies. My main concern is that once you deal with big box companies, they're the one dictating the supply chain, not you. Although TSR was mismanaged, what finally brought them down was Dalton Bookstore's returning their unsold stock of Dragon Dice and D&D novels.

Of course, maybe this is just a test pilot thing, or individual store managers / buyers have some discretion about what products they will put on their shelves...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Baker
United States
Lino Lakes
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't see Rune Age.

But I did see Deadwood, LoTR, Setttlers (been there a while now), and Ticket to Ride (been there a while now). Oh and Munchkin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Riddle
United States
Oxford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
target has had TTR and settlers for awhile but FFG? nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Olson
United States
Ramsey
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Hey...
badge
Down here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it covered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K Septyn
United States
Unspecified
Michigan
flag msg tools
Dereferenced variable scope line 68109: check null set failed (0xff83de47)
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw the same at my local Target. I checked the shelf tag and it read "FFG Bundle", so it's not like they're ordering these specific games. I'm betting it's a test run to see how the sales are before they get deeper into the product line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie Barrett
United States
Warren
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Also saw Dominion at my local Target last week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
The Road goes ever on and on Down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, And I must follow, if I can, Pursuing it with eager feet, Until it joins some larger way Where many paths and errands meet.
badge
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's pretty awesome

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dean
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
Blokus in stores always struck me as roughly as odd as Reversi in stores. It's a big game with attractive plastic pieces, the simplest of rules, and makes a perfect gift from grandma or classroom accessory; how could it not sell well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Pinchback
United States
Leonard
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I view it as progress and was excited to see it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hrm...they have gone mainstream. Does that mean I need to start hating on them to remain cool?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kuhn
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heifetz wrote:
I'm just waiting to see war of the ring on the shelf now

Then you'll be waiting a long while because WotR is no longer distributed by FFG, but is now produced and distributed by Ares Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eric chang
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's here too in California! It's good too see FFG in the main market.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Herdter
United States
Strasburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I think it is a good thing but I feel they should push only certain games...I think kingdoms would be great...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Moved to Discussing Retailers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Burns
United States
Dupont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks like at my local Target they have Dominion, Blockus, Qwirkle, Carcassonne, A Game of Thrones: The Card Game, Catan, Forbidden Island and Ticket to Ride

They were under the Family games, there were only 2-3 units of each on the shelves.

The price point of the games, was correct for MSRP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Levy
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just saw Zooloretto at Target today, along with all the others that have been mentioned. I'm so happy they're branching out. I've actually bought a couple games from them (Rune Age, The Struggle for Catan) to support those efforts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.