United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clawlan wrote:
pmbrill77 wrote:
Shad wrote:
Just realized I can get $40 of Amazon store credit for being approved for that Amazon VISA... amazingly, it took the diligent financial experts at Chase Bank only ~15 seconds to approve my application! They must really work hard over there!

The clipper + shipping to FL was $39.96, so I came out $0.04 ahead. The clipper will arrive in ~3 weeks, the new VISA card about the same. The former will be carried back to China in my wife's cousin's luggage, and the latter will be canceled immediately upon receipt.

Hard to argue with Chase Bank paying me $0.04 to try out that counter clipper!

What! They only gave me $30 for the same card application! yuk

I actually plan to use my new card for two purchases prior to cancellation though. shake

I got $50 amazon credit whistle. huzzah!

Closing accounts can (but not always) effect your credit rating. So does an inquiry to approve you for the credit in the first place.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodrigo Alvarez
Spain
Gijon
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:
nickcia wrote:
This thread is 12 pages long so far... Does anyone know which is the BGG's longest thread ever?

Probably something about the merits of plexiglass.

Or Case blue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:
nickcia wrote:
This thread is 12 pages long so far... Does anyone know which is the BGG's longest thread ever?

Probably something about the merits of plexiglass.

Please link the plexi discussion so I can get in on that one too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BartowWing wrote:
clawlan wrote:
pmbrill77 wrote:
Shad wrote:
Just realized I can get $40 of Amazon store credit for being approved for that Amazon VISA... amazingly, it took the diligent financial experts at Chase Bank only ~15 seconds to approve my application! They must really work hard over there!

The clipper + shipping to FL was $39.96, so I came out $0.04 ahead. The clipper will arrive in ~3 weeks, the new VISA card about the same. The former will be carried back to China in my wife's cousin's luggage, and the latter will be canceled immediately upon receipt.

Hard to argue with Chase Bank paying me $0.04 to try out that counter clipper!

What! They only gave me $30 for the same card application! yuk

I actually plan to use my new card for two purchases prior to cancellation though. shake

I got $50 amazon credit whistle. huzzah!

Closing accounts can (but not always) effect your credit rating. So does an inquiry to approve you for the credit in the first place.

True, but opening an account years before my next home purchase, using that card a couple of times, paying it off and never using it again can effect my credit rating positively.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
Left Hand Reviews w/ Clawlan!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Should be getting mine in the mail tonight. I may attack Space Empires first...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I re-clipped Band of Brothers during Celebrity Apprentice. Kill me now (but those counters sure look purdy). . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hey all, as the grandfather of this thread (I posted the "One handed friendly counter clipper?" thread), I decided to show you how this product works for me with a demo video!

Check it out here: http://boardgamegeek.com/video/15027/miscellaneous-game-acce...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Shipley
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
the liberal unsavory type
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool, glad that worked for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Migliore
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I finally broke down and bought a pair. I must say they rock.

I clipped rectangular counters from War at Sea (third edition)... perfect. And I clipped Band of Brothers: Screaming Eagles both the larger 3/4 troop counters and the 1/2 marker counters. Perfect.

Some notes:

1. I hold it the normal way not upside down. I had no problem setting the counter and clipping. (I don't even look... I can feel the force)
2. Occasionally I would get some resistance and it would not clip the corner well. In this case I would flip to the other side and re-clip. No problem. I believe this was caused by a remnant of cardboard trimming being stuck in the chamber.
3. If you use regular strength I did not get tired, it doesn't actually a lot of force to cut.
4. One minus is the screw nuts holding the die have come loose so watch out as the nuts may fall off (although the whole screw would have to come out before you would need to be concerned).

Overall best and reasonably quick way of clipping counters!

Recommended.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe C Faust
United States
Hartville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
I re-clipped Band of Brothers during Celebrity Apprentice. Kill me now (but those counters sure look purdy). . .

We won't kill you for clipping because... well, you've read the rest of this thread.

For Celebrity Apprentice, now that's different story...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a time when the genus of wargamers was divided in two species: clippers and non-clippers. Now some individuals of the clipper species evolved in a third species, definitely the worse one: the re-clippers! (And I'm one of them, of course)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickcia wrote:
There was a time when the genus of wargamers was divided in two species: clippers and non-clippers. Now some individuals of the clipper species evolved in a third species, definitely the worse one: the re-clippers! (And I'm one of them, of course)

And with this damned "thing" that at last I ordered I evolved from a happy non clippers to a neo-clippers waiting for the thing to arrive!!! soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
nickcia wrote:
There was a time when the genus of wargamers was divided in two species: clippers and non-clippers. Now some individuals of the clipper species evolved in a third species, definitely the worse one: the re-clippers!
Soon we start the war between the Old Guard 3mm clippers and the upstart 2mm clippers... angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Crouch
United States
Chapin
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh. Now I see this. I ordered a c4 to tackle my lock n load stuff, but I like the rounded look way better. I guess I'll just wait and become one of those 2mm upstarts!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Wulf Corbett wrote:
Soon we start the war between the Old Guard 3mm clippers and the upstart 2mm clippers... angry

I think I will stay in the middle: I'm sure I'll use the 2mm for 1/2" counters and the 3mm for counters larger than 5/8". I'm undecided on 5/8" counters: I've always clipped my counters just a bit, but after using my new tool on Fuentes de Onoro 1811 I don't know anymore: it looks terrific like this...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Left Hand Reviews
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
So when is the 2mm model available for purchase? *twitch*

or better yet, can we buy just the die and save some cash?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:

+1
Just bought the 3 mm and already wanting the 2 mm too for the little counters!.... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucius Cornelius
United States
Vindolanda
Britannia
flag msg tools
No matter where you go, there you are!
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
That's what the Lilliputian Artillery Commander said too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm just curious. Has anyone told Russ over at the Oregon Laminations Company why we want a 2 mm version? Or, even for that matter why the sudden little surge in sales for the 3 mm tool. I'm wondering if he finds it amusing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Citrom
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

So, the 2 mm version of the tool is going into production "next week" "overseas" and is expected back in North America in "late May."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

So, the 2 mm version of the tool is going into production "next week" "overseas" and is expected back in North America in "late May."

And there was much rejoicing!!!

Edit: Seems if you don't add spaces become D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Perrella
United States
Anoka
Minnesota
flag msg tools
with a purposeful grimace
badge
and a terrible sound
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacc wrote:

Cool! Thanks for the info! I've been holding off on clipping 1/2" counters, I think they'll be much better with the 2mm cutter. I think 3mm is perfect for anything larger than that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way." John Paul Jones
mbmbmbmbmb
big_ragu wrote:
Cool! Thanks for the info! I've been holding off on clipping 1/2" counters, I think they'll be much better with the 2mm cutter. I think 3mm is perfect for anything larger than that.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo D'Ulisse
Italy
ROMA
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
big_ragu wrote:
isaacc wrote:

+2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
collezionista wrote:
big_ragu wrote:
isaacc wrote:

+2

+3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  10 , 11 , 12 , 13 , 14  Next »  [91] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.