$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
34 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Madison, Wisconsin No-Ship Math Trade Winter 2012 - Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the discussion thread for the math trade. If you are unfamiliar with math trades, please review the two helper links (OLWLG and Math Trades tutorial) referenced below.

This thread will also be used to communicate any math trade updates, announcements from the moderator, and links to final results.

Request List: See What Other People Are Requesting

Trade list: Here is where you add your items

Tutorials:
Math Trades
Online Want List Generator Wiki http://boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG

Madison, Wisconsin No-Ship Math Trade - Winter 2012 Edition

The Madison gaming group Guilded Chaos will be hosting Madison's semi-annual, no-ship math trade. The meet-up for trading will coincide with its monthly Saturday gaming session at I’m Board game shop in Middleton at 11 AM on Saturday, February 11, 2012. Math trades are a great way to get a game into your collection while being able to give a game that you no longer play. It also offers a great opportunity to meet fellow gamers from the Madison and surrounding areas.

The use of the Online Want List Generator is required for creating your want lists. (Please remember to tip JeffyJeff some GG for his support, as without his work, this math trade could not take place.)

Key dates (all times are Central Standard Time)

goldencamelOpen for posting games for trade: Sunday, January 22, 2012 @ 9:00AM to Sunday, January 29, 2012 @ 10:00PM.

goldencamelWant list submission period: Sunday, January 29, 2012 @ 10:15PM to Friday, February 3, 2012 @ 10:00PM.
Want lists and results will be posted shortly thereafter.

goldencamelFace-to-face trade of items: Saturday, February 11, 2012 @ 11 AM at I’m Board game shop in Middleton, Wisconsin.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=6771+university+ave&ll=43.0969...

Please note that errors made by you will not invalidate the results. You will be expected to honor your trades even if you made a mistake, so carefully review your lists before submitting them. You can make changes BEFORE the end of the submission period, but not after it.

This event is a local, no-ship math trade open to anyone who wants to participate. If you are from outside the Madison area, please be sure you can attend the trade date or pre-arrange for a courier/proxy before listing.

We will be meeting up on Saturday, February 11, 2012 at 11 AM to exchange traded items and you'll either need to be in attendance or have someone proxy (drop off and pick up) for you.

It is very important that you do not delete items or sweeteners once you have listed them. If you change your mind about trading an item, just submit a blank want list for that entry.

The Rules Tome

(Please take a few minutes to read them)

d10-1This is a no-shipping event. All exchanges are to be made at the I’m Board game shop in Middleton, Wisconsin at 11 AM on Saturday, February 11, 2012. Please be punctual. If you cannot attend in person, you can still participate, but you must find someone who is willing to act as your courier/proxy at the face-to-face trade, taking your games there for you and picking up the items which you won.

d10-2All board games, RPG items, miniatures, game accessories, gift certificates (FLGS and OLGS), and Geekgold are permitted as items for trade. Cash is not allowed.

d10-3Gift certificate and Geekgold arbitrage are NOT allowed. (i.e. You cannot put someone else's gift certificate entry on the want lists for a gift certificate you are offering in an attempt to "trade up", the same is true for Geekgold). You CAN trade Geekgold for a Gift certificate (s), and vice-versa.

d10-4Items without BGG game entries must be added as "Outside the Scope of BGG" (game id 23953), “Miscellaneous Game Merchandise” (game id 22104) or "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) and must include the +altname+ brief description -altname- format in the description of your item.

If you are offering an expansion for which there is no entry in the BGG database (i.e. expansion cards handed out at a convention) and NOT the base game, please use "Miscellaneous Game Accessory" (game id 5985) to help avoid confusion.

d10-5You are expected to describe, as accurately as possible, the condition (components and box), language, and edition of your item in the description section. This includes sweeteners if they are physical items (i.e. not Geekgold).

For games not brand new (in shrink) you must inventory the game's components and list anything missing. Do not assume it's complete. Also, remember that just because something is "new in shrink" doesn't mean that you shouldn't disclose any box dings/damage.

d10-6You are expected to periodically check your listed items until the want list submission deadline to see if anyone has commented on your entries. People often ask questions of listed items; most commonly for clarification. You should check in to address any questions in a timely manner, so that everyone has complete information.

This is a very easy thing to do. Just click on "Subscribe" under each of your entries. If someone adds a comment, you will receive a BGG notification and a link directly to that comment.

d10-7If you've been reported as a bad trader, you should not participate.

d10-8Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't properly show in the OLWLG.

d10-9Please do NOT include links to other games in your entry unless you are actually including them as a sweetener, as this is displayed in a misleading manner by the OLWLG.

d10-1d10-0Finally, if you feel the need to use them, please keep disclaimers short and to the point so they don't make things hard to read.

Other useful information

Software Used: TradeMaximizer 1.4 with Duplicate Protection. SEED=8675309, ITERATIONS=200, METRIC=USERS-TRADING

I have chosen the USERS-TRADING metric because it potentially increases the number of participants trading who make at least one trade, while not affecting the overall number of trades. This means that for this particular event, the order of the items on your want lists makes NO difference and there are no PRIORITIES set.

Geekgold restrictions:

Users may not post more Geekgold than they currently have. Geekgold arbitrage is not allowed.

Want list submission

Remember that you will receive an email in your BGG inbox if you properly completed the submission of your want list.

Please note that it's best to work on your want lists and submit them early - you can always make changes and resubmit before the deadline.

Creating want lists is not the same as submitting them.
Remember that want lists have NOT been submitted until you press the green “Submit My Wants List” button in Step 4 and receive a confirming Geekmail. If you didn’t receive a confirmation Geekmail, then you didn’t complete the process and nothing of yours will be traded.
You are not obligated to trade anything you put up for offer. If you offer a game, but see nothing that you are willing to accept for it in trade, you can submit a blank want list for it.
If, however, you do submit a want list for a game, then it is expected that you will honor any trade which the TradeMaximizer software generates.

So enter lots of items and have fun!

%Options%
Deadline-Offers: Sunday, January 29th, 2012, 10:00 PM CST
Deadline-Wants: Friday, February 3rd, 2012, 10:00 PM CST
%End%

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
General Announcements by Moderator
Once the math trade results are posted, please keep three things in mind:

1. Try to arrange the trades via the BGG trade mechanism. This means that the your and your trading partner's traded items must be marked as "For trade". Either side of the trade party can initiate the trade and send it to the other. Within the OLWLG results summary file, clicking on your trading partner's name will bring up the BGG trade window.

This process will allow both you and your trading partner to build your respective trade ratings and have a record of the trade.

2. Remember to look over the "who wanted mine" link via the OLWLG to determine if there are any additional trades you want to offer outside of the official math trade is complete.

3. See you on Saturday, February 11 for the face to face trade and some gaming.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Users still needing to submit want lists
A list of users that have not yet submitted want lists

Everyone submitted a want list. Congrats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Official Results
Official Results: [geekurl=http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=111593][/geekurl]

Num trades = 117 of 488 items (24.0%)

Official Wants: [geekurl=http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/111593-officialwants.txt][/geekurl]

Everyone had at least one trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
List of Official Proxies/Couriers from Outside of Madison
1 If you live away from the local Madison-metro area and would like to be a proxy for other traders in your area, please contact me and I will list your userID info here.

2 If you are interested in the math trade, but can't travel to Madison for the face-to-face trade, please check this post to see if anyone can proxy for you. You will be responsible for communicating and coordinating with the proxy and please don't list any items unless you are 100% sure that you have a proxy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, Rich,

Are video games allowed? I was considering adding a couple.

-k
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmatejka wrote:
Hey, Rich,

Are video games allowed? I was considering adding a couple.

-k

Keith,

Thanks for the question. Dan and I discussed this, but have decided to limit this MT to just board game, RPG, Geekgold, and GCs items only.

We will consider opening up future MTs, termed unrestricted, down the road, but are looking to build up the participant numbers and items quantity and quality, before throwing in other things.

- Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kakaris Maelstrom
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Rich,

Question: What is the purpose of putting items on the want list? That is just a "hey guys, seriously, trade this" list? Or is it functional beyond that?

Thanks,
Justin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you referring to the Request List or the Want List that you need to compile and submit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kakaris Maelstrom
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry, I did mean the Request list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KakarisMaelstrom wrote:
I'm sorry, I did mean the Request list.

The Request List is just a public declaration of what games/items a user would like to see offered by other users in the math trade. This information may or may not affect what other users offer up, but it is sometimes is useful information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Halvorson
United States
Lake Geneva
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Lake Geneva. I will not be able to be at the math trade location on the Saturday it is happening. Is anybody from this area (the greater Walworth County area, that is) able to be a proxy for me and others who might want to participate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As of this moment, nobody from your region has contacted me and volunteered to be a proxy. If you can locate someone, please have them contact me so we can discuss. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be attending from the Rockford, Illinois area, and can proxy for folks from Rockford, Loves Park, Machesney Park, and surrounding areas. Please contact me if interested.

We can meet at Top Cut Comics on Friday, Feb. 10th and I can take possession of your outgoing trades then, and can arrange to meet at Top Cut sometime the following week so I can distribute your incoming trades.

Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pete,

Thanks for participating in the math trade and offering to proxy for interested BGGers from your area. Look forward to meeting you at the face to face. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or Dan Harwood.

Thanks,
Rich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The deadline to offer games for trade is approaching in less than 13.5 hours.

Deadline is Sunday, January 29, 2012 @ 10:00PM Central Time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In appriciation to I'm Board for being gracious enough to host the event, I added some gift cards to I'm Board. I'll only be purchasng these if they trade so I hope they do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Bradley
United States
Belleville
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are posted!

thanks to:
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

For running the Math Trade and
Dan Harwood
United States
Sauk City
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

for organizing the event and

http://www.imboardgamestore.com/
for hosting.

I am pleased to see all three I'm Board gift certificates traded with a whopping 455 items listed in the 'who wanted mine' for those GC's.

Now onto more business. There are several items that didn't trade that I want, and several items I own that didn't trade that I want to get rid of. Now is the time to make all of those side deals. So feel free to make me offers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hooper
United States
Rockford
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a couple of trades, so I'll see you all around 11AM that day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Matejka
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, thanks to all who particpated and organized this. If there are things that didn't trade of mine that I had up, I'm happy to consider side trades or cash offers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
d b
United States
De Forest
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
The road is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind.
badge
I taught my dog to play Mage Knight... good dog.
mbmbmbmb
Same here. Some offers already sent.

Here are my leftovers: (mostly crap, but in nice condition)
Canasta Caliente (401) [bikefreak]
Carcassonne: Hunters and Gatherers (390) [bikefreak]
DaVinci's Challenge (394) [bikefreak]
Elfengold (388) [bikefreak]
Elfenland (389) [bikefreak]
Market Madness (397) [bikefreak]
MindTrap (391) [bikefreak]
Multiplayer Pentago (395) [bikefreak]
Pictureka! Card Game (400) [bikefreak]
Stack (402) [bikefreak]
The Stock Market Game (392) [bikefreak]
Things... (393) [bikefreak]
Triopoly (398) [bikefreak]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kakaris Maelstrom
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This is what I have left. I'm definitely interested in selling. I'll be holding an auction here in a few weeks but it would sure be more convenient if we could make the exchange next Saturday. So if you see anything you're interested in, please let me know and either make an offer or I can tell you what I'm hoping to get for it:

A Game of Thrones (265)
A Game of Thrones: The Card Game - Gates of the Citadel (350)
Age of Conan: The Strategy Board Game (225)
Alt Name: A Game of Thrones CCG - Ice and Fire Premium Starter Set (2 decks), Winter Edition Premium Starter Set (2 decks), Valryian Edition Starter Set (2 decks), Iron Throne Edition Starter Set, 350 loose cards (from other non-randomized starters). (363)
Alt Name: City of Heroes CCG - Two copies of the Statesman promo (267)
Alt Name: Dreamblade, Every common from the very rare set "Night Fusion". (259)
Alt Name: Middle Earth CCG: Wizards Unlimited booster box, sealed (278)
Alt Name: Monsterpocalypse - 1/2 of Two Player Starter - Cthul units with monster Yaseth, set of dice. (Does not include buildings, map, or rules). (365)
Alt Name: Monsterpocalypse - 1/2 of Two Player Starter - Martian Menace units with monster Ares Mothership, set of dice. (Does not include buildings, map, or rules). (367)
Alt Name: Monsterpocalypse - 1/2 of Two Player Starter - Shadow Sun Syndicate units with monster Zor-Raiden, set of dice. (Does not include buildings, map, or rules). (368)
Alt Name: Monsterpocalypse - 1/2 of Two Player Starter - Terrasaurs units with monster Terra Kahn, set of dice. (Does not include buildings, map, or rules). (366)
Alt Name: Monsterpocalypse: Second series of factions - 33 units, 12 buildings (including 2 monuments, one being The Pacific Eye!) (369)
Alt Name: Paizo GameMastery Campaign Coins (192 coins or 16 packs), Copper and Silver (see item for specific list) (371)
Alt Name: Star Wars Miniatures - IG Lancer Droid, Clone Trooper on Speeder, both with cards (364)
Alt Name: World of Warcraft TCG - 18 Class Starter Decks, 9 Horde, 9 Alliance (272)
Alt Name: World of Warcraft TCG - 3000+ cards, including 2 raid decks, Grand Tournament (273)
Alt Name: Wyvern CCG - one box starters, one box boosters (370)
Arkham Horror: Curse of the Dark Pharaoh Expansion (258)
Brass (261) [KaCall of Cthulhu: The Card Game (294)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - Conspiracies of Chaos Asylum Pack (274)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - Murmurs of Evil Asylum Pack (288)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - Secrets of Arkham Expansion (293)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - Spawn of the Sleeper Asylum pack (291)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - The Horror Beneath the Surface Asylum Pack (352)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - The Mountains of Madness Asylum Pack (289)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - The Order of the Silver Twilight (292)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - The Shifting Sands Asylum Pack (290)
Call of Cthulhu: The Card Game - The Twilight Beckons Asylum Pack (287)
Catan Card Game (276)
Confrontation: The Age of the Rag'Narok (296)
Conquest Tactics (252)
Defenders of the Realm (249)
DIG: the Card Game (269)
DIG: the Card Game (268)
3x GameMastery Face Cards: Friends & Foes Deck (355)
30x GameMastery Face Cards: Urban NPCs (358)
GameMastery Flip-Mat: City Streets (283)
GameMastery Flip-Mat: Prison (231)
GameMastery Flip-Mat: Swamp (230)
GameMastery Item Cards: Essentials Starter Set (442)
GameMastery Map Pack: Waterfront (228)
Key Harvest (251)
3x Khet 2.0 (347)
Khet: The Laser Game (235)
Killer Bunnies and the Quest for the Magic Carrot (262)
Kingmaker (234)
Lord of the Rings (346)
Microscope (253)
Monster Manual (354)
Overpower (349)
Pathfinder #52: Forest of Spirits (353)
Player's Handbook (271)
Rune Age (224)
Runebound: Runemaster Character Deck (263)
Shazamm! (244)
Summoner Wars: Khexhu (229)
Tac Air (232)
Talisman (fourth edition): The Dragon Expansion (240)
Talisman (fourth edition): The Dragon Expansion (238)
5x The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game - A Journey to Rhosgobel (316)
Thunderstone: For the Dwarf Promo (280)
Thunderstone: Promo Pack (281)
Thunderstone: Promo Pack #2 (282)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Springer
United States
Brooklyn
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the number of items traded, there are quite a few duplicates with varying conditions; I suggest putting post-it notes on traded games (at least those that aren't new) so everyone gets the right copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad N
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
Unique titles I've played in 2015
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wmspringer wrote:
Given the number of items traded, there are quite a few duplicates with varying conditions; I suggest putting post-it notes on traded games (at least those that aren't new) so everyone gets the right copy.
I think this is a great idea!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Keiser

Waunakee
Wisconsin
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All games brought to the math trade should have their recipient's BGG username placed on with a sticky-note.

You beat me to this one last instruction.

Thanks,
Rich and Dan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.