Subject: Is it nice for 2 players? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am planning to increase my collection with funnier, faster-paced 2 player games to play with my partner. Is this game good for 2 players?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Thibodeau
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not really...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's OK with 2, but it really shines with more.

The tension just isn't that great if you can win in some categories with a single die. You almost never use the Doc Badluck option (for not winning in any category).
Sometimes you have the best Poker Hand with a pair, while with 5 players you may fail with four-of-a-kind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doobermite
United States
East Fallowfield
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's great with 2 players. We always have a great time with it, and it becomes a back and forth battle for the Sheriff.

Highly recommended for 2!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this used at my FLGS, with the expansion, and find it to be an excellent game for two. I find it drags with 4+ players, and while three is more push-your-luck than two, I prefer the intensity of the two-player game. Especially with the expansion, which creates more valid options for the player who is currently behind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael J
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I enjoy the game 2P. There are some additional tactical options for two. For example, you have the chance to try to win more things, and only one player to beat, so you might take more chances. Being Sheriff is huge in those situations. My daughter and I have great fun with this even when playing two player. The fun of rolling dice exists with two, three, or six, so you still get the best parts this game has to offer. It's less frustrating because you rarely get shut out of everything. And the pace is much faster, almost like a game of Yahtzee. If you play with two, however, I'd reduce the number of properties and gold to shorten the game. Also, if playing with the expansion, I would not offer second-place consolations in spots; just let the winner choose which action to take. There is definitely less tension with two, but it's still an enjoyable game for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Abad
Spain
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well ,thank you all! A nice variety of answers. I understand that I might need to buy the expansion to make it funnier...Gosh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it with 2. Get the expansion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Virum
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Love it with 2. Get the expansion

Definitely obtain the expansion, it improves the game significantly, even more in relation to two-player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thiel
United States
Sheboygan
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife and I really enjoyed our first few plays of Dice Town with 2 players. We began to notice that our games came down to who would roll more queens in the last half of the game. We would collect cards through rolling Jacks and having the highest poker hand in the first half of the game and then we'd steal each other's cards the rest of the way. This seemed to be the best way to win the game hands down. At that point, it lost most of its fun factor. We are currently toying with some different variants to solve that issue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LSD
United States
Bay City
Michigan
flag msg tools
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking for a good 2 player game for me and my girlfriend and wonder if Dice Town can fill the void. I want something that is easy to learn but offers lots of strategy and replay value . We both love dice but don't know poker. What does the expansion offer for the 2 player experience? I've heard the game can run long foe what it is, does the expansion help with this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.