Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the discussion thread for the Game Summit No-Ship Math Trade. Discuss away! (This is my first crack at organizing a Math Trade, please be patient with any admin duties/tasks )

Trade List: Game Summit '12 Trade List
Request List: Game Summit '12 Request List

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Submissions for the Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade are now Closed.

Please ensure you have submitted your want-list via the OLWLG before 8pm, February 11.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Mark, no ship is always nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget, Game Summit is running their Garage Sale again on Sunday, February 19th. So, those games that you don't manage to trade in the MT can always be dropped at the Garage Sale (10% of sale price retained by Game Summit).

Oh, and here's a link to the Game Summit Website:
[geekurl=http://www.gamesummit.ca/][/geekurl]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valenta
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mark, the OLWLG entry for the trade hasn't been synced since Saturday and there have been quite a few games added since then. Could you sync the list again?

Also, I notice that the want submission window is quite large. That puts the submissions closed date 2 weeks before the convention. I don't have a lot of experience with running local math trades but, given that people often leave things to the last minute, I wonder if having a longer submission window and a shorter want submission window would be advantageous?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was pointed out to me by geek mail that I hadn't updated the OLWLG in a while. It kind of slipped my mind, but I'll try and make sure it's done daily from here out. I can't do it from work, but will ensure it's done today by about 6pm.

It may be advantageous to extend the submission window as you suggested, but I won't decide on that just yet, I'll wait and see what the add activity is like closer to the 4th (which is still over a week away.)

Thanks for the comments!
Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vast Aire
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When (day and time) is the actual trade taking place? I'm not adding anything until that detail is figured out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Day: Saturday. Time: Though I have yet to confirm with GS organizers, I'd like to do drop-off between 10am and Noon, and pick-up from noon-1pm.

I'll let you know as soon as that can be confirmed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade will occur at Game Summit. There will be a table set-up inside the gamesroom, where games can be dropped off on Saturday morning, from 10:00am to Noon. Games will then be available to pick-up between Noon and 1:00pm. I will be at the table from 10:00 to 1:00. Please attach a sticky note to your games indicating the person they are to be traded TO. I will have checklists to ensure that all games are tracked properly, but please be patient, as there may be a lot of activity going on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antony Hemme
Canada
Montréal
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyboby,
I've put some games in the mathtrade.
Unfortunatly I won't be to the Game Summit, but alainboom will be there with games I would be able to trade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Only three days left to get your Math Trades in for the Game Summit No-Ship Math Trade! Trade list closes Saturday at around 6pm!

Trade List: Game Summit '12 Trade List
Request List: Game Summit '12 Request List

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in participating to the math trade (I've put some games on the list), but I don't think I can make it there. I'd need someone from Gatineau/Ottawa that is going to be there to make the trades (if any) for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wee should be able to make arrangements for me to pick up your trades, or have you drop them off with me before next Saturday. I'd say you're good to go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wish List submitted. I'm always open to trading at the GS as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lissyssil wrote:
Wee should be able to make arrangements for me to pick up your trades, or have you drop them off with me before next Saturday. I'd say you're good to go!

Great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony R
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Looks like I can no longer attend but I should be able to drop my games off on the Saturday.

Are there any fees if I am just coming for the trade or will there be a charge at the door?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Submission period ended? we'll have results soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got home from a disc golf tournament. Trying to do them now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Results are now up. Not the greatest math trade, but the data's all there in the OLWLG. Here's a link to the list of trades:

http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/trades-summary.cgi?listid=...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sara VanderWal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A trade where I'll come home with fewer games than I come with.. strange!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...but you'll probably buy a bunch at the garage sale, anyways...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregor Terrill
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola and Colosseum, can't complain about that! I've been wanting to try them both for a while.

I'm kind of surprised only one person wanted Panic Station! A few months ago it seemed like it was all the rage. Anyway, if anyone has any changes of heart and wants to set up some post-math-trade trades to happen at Game Summit, I've still got some games for trade. Otherwise it's off to the garage sale for most of them!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julien Kirsch
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Couple of trades for me. Since I won't be able to be there for the swap, Steve Larkin (srlarkin) will do the trades for me.
I still have a bunch of games for sale or trade for those interested. Check out the list here

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah nice, LOTR! w00t!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.