Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Bigney
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is anyone with some graphic chops inclined to upload the revised player mats with the modified costs and benefits?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You mean like this one?

Edit: I guess that one isn't quite right. It looks like the actual benefit in some of the columns has also been changed in the Z-Man reprint (e.g. more ships at higher level compared to original Goa).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing that out! Yes, very much like that one, but with the new ship and colonist values.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bigney
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a million!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Powers
United States
McKinney
Texas
flag msg tools
Visit my comic at Liltoon.com
badge
I love exploring dungeons.
mbmbmbmbmb
huh, so they swapped the money and production lines with each other, too. Wonder why.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Short
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ThorPowers wrote:
huh, so they swapped the money and production lines with each other, too. Wonder why.

I didn't see that. I just noticed the number changes. Nice eye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the basic reasoning was that the Production and Cards are both very good abilities, and they had too much synergy (e.g. red and black spices are used for both, and neither one needs brown). It was too easy to focus on those 2 columns, collect a bunch of the special cards, and then use them to do everything else in the game.

Some more detailed discussion can be found here:
No ships - strategy question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So it goes.
United States
Shillington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Fuck it...lets go bowling.
badge
"You wouldn't worry half as much about what other people thought of you if you realized how rarely they actually did."
mbmbmbmbmb
Faranim wrote:
I think the basic reasoning was that the Production and Cards are both very good abilities, and they had too much synergy (e.g. red and black spices are used for both, and neither one needs brown). It was too easy to focus on those 2 columns, collect a bunch of the special cards, and then use them to do everything else in the game.

Some more detailed discussion can be found here:
No ships - strategy question

We played a 3p game of this on Sunday and I essentially took that strategy and went to town with it. I didn't upgrade ships until turn 7 or 8 and then it was just for the points. I think I took the ships action once during the entire game, and I only took the taxes/money action once during the last turn and then I only took it to get the bonus for having most money at the end of the game.

I'm glad they kept the changes simple so 1st edition player boards can be easily modified. We tried the new auction rules where the person auctioning the tile can decide to purchase it for $1 less than the high bid. We all liked it since buying your own tiles was pretty costly before and this makes it harder for the last person bidding to decide how high to go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.