London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Valen200 wrote:
TDaver wrote:
LL6869 wrote:

Also, was the intent of this card for one person to look at the Destiny cards, or for them to be revealed?

Originally it was for everyone. But that was a human-only interrupt, so based on Ripshawd's suggestion upthread (or was that in private?) I've changed it so only one person can look at it. This way it can be both pro-cylon and pro-human.

can it be played multiple times to ensure that someone is telling the truth?

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
Just wondering which cards are considered "OH" cards? So that I can remove five to fit it to a standard deck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark L
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guide Them to Their Destiny and Blind Faith.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
markino wrote:

Technically yeah, but those two are the coolest. I'd be afraid to remove them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
markino wrote:

Technically yeah, but those two are the coolest. I'd be afraid to remove them

Lol, that's always sound reasoning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're gonna let Cylons use Leap of Faith, it should increase the Lowest resource by one... and still, it should be one jump icon. (After all, towards the end of the game every crisis tends to eat a resources, so 1 jump icon=1 resource.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A human drew Leap of Faith just before sleeper in our first Faith game, and was about to use it on the start position.

By the time he was XO'd to do so, he was already a cylon.
He increased the highest resource (population) two turns later to keep the humans from jumping.

Humans lost on population in the end.
So no, the card stays as is

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TDaver wrote:
A human drew Leap of Faith just before sleeper in our first Faith game, and was about to use it on the start position.

By the time he was XO'd to do so, he was already a cylon.
He increased the highest resource (population) two turns later to keep the humans from jumping.

Humans lost on population in the end.
So no, the card stays as is

So because it worked out OK once, it's not broken? Just checking that this is the logic we're using these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:

So because it worked out OK once, it's not broken? Just checking that this is the logic we're using these days.

I'm not fully read up on all the faith cards (I probably should be because I'm in a game with them) but if it worked out OK once that's not evidence that it is broken either.

I will say that if Faith dominates the game in a sense that skill checks are being passed on it alone rather than the colours of the skill check that's probably not a good thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Vollick1979 wrote:
I will say that if Faith dominates the game in a sense that skill checks are being passed on it alone rather than the colours of the skill check that's probably not a good thing.

It didn't dominate the game. Humans passed 2 or so skill checks and counter-spiked once with faith. Cylons successfully spiked once or twice with Faith.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
InfoCynic wrote:

No it means I haven't seen any reason to change it just yet

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Vollick
Canada
St. Thomas
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tdaver wrote:
As for Faith?
3 or 4 skillchecks were almost completely passed by the humans with faith.
Cylons spiked 2 or 3 times with big faith, humans once countered with a Blind Faith.
Blind Faith skipped the jump once, skipped the cylons twice (once in tandem with Roll the Hard Six's new double roll)
Prayer Heard was mostly played by Cylons.
Only humans played Guide Them to Their Destiny
Godsent was used twice by humans, three times by Cylons.
Touch their Souls was used once, obviously on Apollo.
Despite Their Differences was never used.
Everybody except Apollo (afraid of random discard on overflow) always drew Faith whenever stuff allowed it.
I used a Higher Power to draw 2 Treachery on movement, and staying in Resurrection to draw another Super. Which unfortunately turned out to be Farm.
So all in all Faith was the most used color, and everybody liked it.

I've bolded a few things from your exerpt: If Faith is the most used colour than to me it's playing too big of a role.

That being said, the most important thing is also bolded and that's everybody liked it, which is by far the most important thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably the kind of thing like Political Prowess, where you're going to remember the games where it gets used twice for really good effect, and forget all the games where it did nothing/was in destiny/etc.

My personal favorite story with PP was in a recent game, President Tory lost her title by means of some crisis (I forget which), but didn't think we should leave it with Apollo, so used PP on her turn in Admin to get it back. She draws her crisis: "Suspicious Election Results." After we all stopped laughing, the title went promptly back to Supreme Commander Apollo.

Post-sleeper, Tory, no doubt still mad at getting caught, tosses Supreme Commander and Mechanical Overlord Apollo out the Airlock... using her Political Prowess again! (Her victory was short-lived, since the Cylons went on to win that game.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
By most used color I meant that only Tactics got reshuffled faster. (There wasn't many Politics drawing characters ...)

But yeah, there was no PP or SoE or anything epic so things like spiking and counter-spiking with Blind Faith was very memorable in comparison.

(But everything was outshone by my reveal, which had nothing to do with Faith )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So has the time come to make 6 crisis cards?

I was thinking of making a "have faith" icon, and putting it on 4 of them (the other two can give out faith). If there are at least 5 points of Faith in a "have faith" skill check, everyone (humans and cylons) may draw one skill card (may come outside from their skillset). If not, some bad thing (printed on the card, like consequence) happens.

Can you name 6 things from season 4 (but before the very end, as those are covered by Colony) that would make good crisises, inspired by Faith? Any ideas for pass/fails?
- Roslin lying in sickbay?
- Baltar preaching
- Roslin having visions of Elosha
- Hybrid saying stuff
- Chief letting Boomer out of the Brig
- ... ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Robo
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd honestly prefer to simply see Faith be positive for some Crisiseseseses, as opposed to an entirely new mechanic for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
I like both the above two posts, but am too far removed from watching the show to comment on ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Kominiarczuk
Poland
Wrocław
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
About "crises of Faith" -- what do you think about:

- Kara Thrace holding President Laura Roslin at gunpoint/offering her gun to prove that she's not affraid and knows the way to Earth
- Baltar inciting riots during politheistic services or the confrontation between his cult and the Sons of Ares)
- Baltar revealing Starbuck's secret (showing her dogtags to the crowd)
- Starbuck playing on the piano with her hallucinated father
- first sight of the nuclear wasteland which is Earth
- Cavil's dialog with Boomer before attacking the Natalie's faction, esp. Cavil's: "We're machines, machines don't have souls."

I like the notion about the "have faith" icon -- just be careful not to make it too similar to the consequences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ZsuEtAm wrote:
About "crises of Faith" -- what do you think about:

- Kara Thrace holding President Laura Roslin at gunpoint/offering her gun to prove that she's not affraid and knows the way to Earth
- Baltar inciting riots during politheistic services or the confrontation between his cult and the Sons of Ares)
- Baltar revealing Starbuck's secret (showing her dogtags to the crowd)
- Starbuck playing on the piano with her hallucinated father
- first sight of the nuclear wasteland which is Earth
- Cavil's dialog with Boomer before attacking the Natalie's faction, esp. Cavil's: "We're machines, machines don't have souls."

I like the notion about the "have faith" icon -- just be careful not to make it too similar to the consequences.

Two of those (Starbuck's secret and the music) are already Colony crisis cards, but I love the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Kominiarczuk
Poland
Wrocław
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Starbuck's secret and the music are already Colony crisis cards

True enough, but it isn't like in the base game or in the official expansions there weren't multiple crises covering one event from the show. Eg. Prison Labor, Forced Water Mining and maybe even Prisoner Revolt -- and it's not the only one.

Same here -- why not make crisis about the discovery of the crashed Starbuck's viper and another about the Slick/Dreilide Thrace vision? Mind you, these events took place before the Fleet's departure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
So quick question, which would you prefer for the "have faith" icon:
- the infinity symbol from Caprica
- the mandala from season 3

Unfortunately I didn't find any good s4 imagery to fit the theme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Kominiarczuk
Poland
Wrocław
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the infinity symbol, as it is simpler and, secondly, was used by the Rebel Cylon in s4 during a funeral service (see Islanded in the Stream of Stars).

BTW, any ideas on how to include eg. Cylon prayers?
Prayer to the Cloud of Unkowing wrote:
For those that we have lost in the past, and for those that we are burying today, we must remember, there is a higher purpose. Heavenly father, grant us the strength, the wisdom, and above all, a measure of acceptance, however small.

According to the podcasts etc., it's a prayer of the truly dying, as well as a prayer for the dead. In other words, Cylon Requiem.

Besides that, one random suggestion. How about exchanging "Religious Leader" for the "Oracle"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There is already a Quorum Card with "oracle" so I'd rather keep Religious Leader...

Anyway: first stab at the Faith crisises:

Prove Faith icon (infinity symbol) wrote:
If the total value of Faith cards reach or exceed 6, each player (Human or Cylon) contributing to the skill check may draw 1 skill card (it may come out of their skill set). Otherwise trigger the effect printed on the card.

Deciphering the Music wrote:
11YGP
Pass Current player may look at the top 3 Destination Cards and place one on the bottom and two on the top in any order.
Fail Current player must discard all of his skill cards
PF: -1 morale
Raider icon, Jump icon

This is about Starbuck looking at Hera's drawing of the music.

Gaining Trust at Gunpoint wrote:
8GP
Pass No effect
Fail Roll a die. On 6 or less, Current Player is sent to Brig
PF: Decrease Jump Preparation track by one
Heavy icon

This is Starbuck bursting in to Roslin. I don't like the name yet, feel free to suggest another.

The Harsh Reality wrote:
10GP
Pass No effect
Fail -1 morale
PF: -1 population
Basestar fire, Jump icon

This one is about finding Earth...

Rookie Mistake wrote:
10GR
Pass Current player may activate an unmanned viper
Fail Current Player must destroy one manned viper if able (pilot is sent to Sickbay), otherwise Current Player is sent to Sickbay
PF: Draw and destroy 1 civilian ship
Basestar launch, Jump icon

This one is about Anders flying in the season opening battle, but as we already have a crossroads card about it, I'm thinking of replacing this with "Road Less Traveled", (when Starbuck follows Leoben) but I can't find good pass/fails for a red-positive check.

Visions of your Own Death wrote:
7YG
Pass No effect
Fail President must discard two skill cards and is sent to Sickbay
PF: Roll a die. On 3 or less the Current Player is executed.
Raider icon, Jump icon

This is about Roslin hallucinating on the rebel basestar

Soul of a Machine wrote:
11GB
Pass Current Player may force a revealed cylon to discard all his skill cards
Fail Launch icon, Raider icon
PF: Basestar fire icon
Heavy icon, Jump icon

I wanted a "machine spirituality" card, without tying it to the Civil War (I have a 3rd thread for that ) feel free to suggest another name.

and the +1, in the Colony crisis deck:
Messengers from God wrote:
8G
Pass +1 morale
Fail -1 morale
PF: -1 morale
Raider icon, Defender icon, RDH icon

This is Baltar's final speech, seeing angels, etc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mateusz Kominiarczuk
Poland
Wrocław
Lower Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
There is already a Quorum Card with "oracle" so I'd rather keep Religious Leader...

"Consult the Oracle", of course! I forgot completely as it is from the Pegasus (which I don't own). You're right, "Religious Leader" works better in this context.

Prove Faith icon (infinity symbol) wrote:
If the total value of Faith cards reach or exceed 6, each player (Human or Cylon) contributing to the skill check may draw 1 skill card (it may come out of their skill set). Otherwise trigger the effect printed on the card.

Value 6 seems harsh on the humans, but it may just do. It definitely prompts them to draw Faith and to play it into skillchecks.

For the crisis cards, I only "quote" what I'd change:
Deciphering the Music wrote:
11YPB

I feel that B is necessary for this test, although I'm not sure about the YG -- as you can see, I decided to remove the LEA.

Gaining Trust at Gunpoint wrote:
8YP

How do you like "Va Banque" or "Desperate Gamble"? Although it would be nice if the skillcheck could actually achieve something (eg. if it could allow the current player to choose the destination for the next jump instead of the Admiral), maybe with higher difficulty.

The Harsh Reality wrote:
PF: [Roll a die. On 3 or less] Current player is executed.

I'm not sure about the Population loss. It may do, but character execution just seems approbriate (unfortunately, the same is even more true for the "Visions of Your Own Death"). Suppose it'll be better to stay with your original idea.

Rookie Mistake wrote:

I don't have any problems with adding a crisis card for a scene partially covered by a crossroad card, but "Road Less Traveled" sounds great. How about a loyalty check (possibly to find who's the Rebel in games with the Rebel Cylon module)? It may even be the only red-positive check like this. Otherwise, some kind of scout effect - risk a raptor (PR check?) in order to gain something or to see and maybe somehow rearange the cards in the destiny deck (see Leoben's OPT)?

Visions of your Own Death[/q wrote:

Nothing to say except for the comment on "The Harsh Reality".

[q="[b]Soul of a Machine
"]]

I like the effect! How about "Glance into/of the (Machine's) Soul"? Or maybe "Cylon Soul Dilemma" .

Messengers from God wrote:

Not sure about the LEA. Maybe POL will be better for this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My reactions in short:
- OK on deciphering the music
- I'm still not happy with any of the names for the gaining trust thingie. If I think of another crisis moment, I might just replace it. Maybe with road less travelled...
- I think the execution thing is better on Visions than on Harsh Reality, and I decidedly don't want another -1 morale, -1 morale crisis
- Messengers is G, because politicans aren't REQUIRED for Colony, and the humans might opt to go for more green-purple-red drawing characters to deal with the onslaught. Therefore a politics only skillcheck is REALLY evil.
-As for raising the Faith limit to 6? They get FREE CARDS if they do. Besides, all they need to have 6 is use Prayer Heard and Endorse Religous Leader a few times. And with 6 crisises out of 123, it's not like they'll be hitting Prove your Faith every other round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [13] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.