Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Apologies if this question has already been answered elsewhere - I've only found it asked so far, never answered.

What happens if two or more players are tied for runner-up at a tournament?

The winner is decided by the starting player (as per page 13), but I haven't seen anything that would list a tiebreaker for runner-up. Consider the following situation at a tournament:

Team A: 5 Star Power
Team B: 3 Star Power
Team C: 3 Star Power
Team D: 1 Star Power

It's clear that team A gets the winner payout, and team D gets the loser payout. What do teams B and C get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Morland
England
Kingston-upon-Thames
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same tiebreaker as for the winner so if either B or C have the ball then they get the runner-up payout or if neither have the ball then the first player decides.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
randomgerbil wrote:
It's the same tiebreaker as for the winner so if either B or C have the ball then they get the runner-up payout or if neither have the ball then the first player decides.

This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Makes sense, and I thought so, too. Is there a rules quote or an authoritative answer from FFG somewhere (no need to find or quote, just interested)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Makes sense, and I thought so, too. Is there a rules quote or an authoritative answer from FFG somewhere (no need to find or quote, just interested)?

It is how we played during play testing. The rules left it out by mistake. If the FAQ comes out, it should be clarified.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
haslo wrote:

It is how we played during play testing. The rules left it out by mistake. If the FAQ comes out, it should be clarified.

Great, thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.