Hide
11 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: Anyone in Bracebridge Area? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wayne welden
msg tools
Please any board gamer, miniture gamer post if interested to meet and discuss new group or first group for area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My wife was born in Bracebridge and lived there as a young girl, and she still has some extended family in the are. But we haven't been up able to visit since late 2006. We keep meaning to, but traveling with young kids is tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne welden
msg tools
I was from the KW area and had groups there, up here there are HO railroad guys, yet to find any board gamers...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne welden
msg tools
well I must be a voice in the wilderness...LOL

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike boucher
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Wayne, not sure if this will help you out, but there is a group of us up here in north bay, plus i have friends in sudz that i use to play with. I just purchased a camp on the south shore of nipissing near callender and thinking on holding week-end gaming events...just saying

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne welden
msg tools
Hey Mike
Thank you for the offer....I know that there is some in North Bay (nb)
that play....I was hopeing for some closer...you know the drive can be as long as 2 hours from here to there, one way. In some ways you don't know how I wish to be closer...LOL There is a new place in town here called Game On...I am going to check it out today. Will let you know if I hit pay dirt.

Thank you again

wayne

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wayne welden
msg tools
I figure less then a 10% chance of coming across someone in this area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John L
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello? are you still in the bracebridge area? I am a boardgamer and looking for players as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beri
Canada
Orangeville
Ontario
flag msg tools
There is (was?) a board game and magic store located on 3 Taylor St. when I was there in early June, but the employee mentioned that the owner was looking to close. It's a seasonal area which is tough on a store such as that. They had quite a few games on the shelf. I think the store was called Game On!, through some searching you may find who the owner was, and he/she might know some others that are up for gaming. It's a worthwhile shot. It's tough finding a gaming group in a small town I live near Orangeville (which is nowhere near as far out as Bracebridge) and its tough to get a group larger than 3-4. It's amazing how many small stores there are that simply won't post gaming nights on a site such as this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Laverty
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My brother
Josh Laverty
Canada
Port Sydney
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
lives in Port Sydney and is into Board Games and Miniatures games. Particularly Dystopian Legions and Merchants and Marauders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Buttineau
Canada
Barrie
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know it's a bit out, but there's gaming that goes on in Barrie. Be only about an hour away. Sir Games A Lot has open board gaming every Tuesday night from 6-9 and a full Saturday of gaming 4 times a year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.