13 Posts

Flash Duel: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Favorite characters? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Some Donkus
Canada
flag msg tools
I like Jaina, Onimaru, and Setsuki a lot, and Captain Zane is just hilarious, but I don't think anyone comes close to Quince for me. I love Flagstone Tax and I love the way he gets more dangerous from round to round with Political Prowess.

What about you guys?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Gook
msg tools
No one can top rook.

Windmill crusher!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anssi Niemi
Finland
flag msg tools
Gwen easily thus far, especially now that Midori's Rising Mountain was nerfed to blankness. Six cards in hand just feels good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kweku
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh come on, this is easy. Deathstrike Dragon. Why settle for 3 abilities when I can have 8?

In 1v1 I find myself usually gravitating towards Vendetta, Onimaru, Argagarg, Rook, Valerie, Gwen, or Jaina.

I think at this point the only character I haven't played against is Zane.

New people I teach seem to like to pick Lum. Or Valerie if they're a girl.

If a new person doesn't really care or know which character to pick, I usually recommend Valerie for them because her abilities are really straightforward and get them up and playing really fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sirlin
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I like how your favorite characters are a list of seven out of twenty, lol. Plus the Dragon. I guess that's a good sign you like so many.

Maybe people haven't played Zane against you because he has more words on his cards than most. Pushing people into his landmine is pretty fun though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ama
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sirlin wrote:
Maybe people haven't played Zane against you because he has more words on his cards than most. Pushing people into his landmine is pretty fun though.

I did that! I used Shoulder Ram on this guy and shoved him onto my land mine, after he thought he was so cool for passing over it before. It was pretty nice - made him grimace and growl and stuff... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Some Donkus
Canada
flag msg tools
CWheezy wrote:
No one can top rook.

Windmill crusher!

Any Rook tips? I haven't been able to make much happen with him so far, at least not against opponents who know to hold on to 1s.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Valadez
United States
Villa Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
"RAWR!" means "I love you" in monster.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaina's my favorite character. I like the long range attack style. My brother's favorite is Lum, since he has the uncanny ability to somehow get a poker flourish off 2 out of 3 times.angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Gook
msg tools
ChampChunge wrote:
CWheezy wrote:
No one can top rook.

Windmill crusher!

Any Rook tips? I haven't been able to make much happen with him so far, at least not against opponents who know to hold on to 1s.

It is similar to yomi. You know you have windmill crusher, and so does your opponent, so he wants very badly to stay out of that range. If you force him to play around it, he probably wont be playing his hand optimally.

You might not have any 1's, but just the threat can throw them off

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brown
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mb
Embarrassingly I love Grave in Flash Duel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swiffle
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
This game's a blast, been playing it in downtime during school a lot lately.

Been on a bunch of dragon raids, and some good 2v2, and a little 1v1.

I've mostly been rolling with Jaina for some mid-long range zoning.

Another guy has been destroying us with the dragon 1v4, although sometimes with a traitor.

Partner on my team in 2v2 has been going with Menelker, and complements my mid-long range Jaina with his Deathstrike, to kill anyone who gets in close.

A magic player we've been playing against was loving Gwen right up until we cameback from behind with help of the time-out game condition to give us 2 rounds. He proceeded to switch to Lum afterward for 2v2, which immediately became his new favorite character after he was able to kill me twice with Poker Flourish in one particular match

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Street
msg tools
mb
My favourite is Gloria. Her abilities aren't the flashiest, but they allow for some very interesting decisions, and playing her properly requires a lot of knowledge of the game's fundamentals. She's resilient enough to survive a lot of the other players' tricks, but none of her abilities help her win directly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Chan
msg tools
Onimaru is my favorite! I love how his ability can corner his opponent.
"No escape!" ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.