$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
28 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Canada » Ontario

Subject: OGG January 25th 2011 -- Steam - Ankh mor Pork - 7 Wonders - Puerto Rico rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

Next meeting of the Ottawa Games Group is this Wednesday, January 25th, 2012.

If you are coming, I invite you to list the specific games you are bringing below.

-----------------------------------------------
Is there something you would like to play?

If there is something you would like people to bring, post it here.
If there is something you are bringing that you think others would like to see post it here.

Everyone is welcome, so if you have ever thought of joining in the fun, come on out this Wednesday and check out the action.

Please Remember $2.50 goes to the Legion.

We start around 6:30.
We usually go until 9:30 or 10:00pm.

---------------------------
What are you doing at Gamesummit?

The big weekend is coming up!
Are you meeting people and playing, shopping, watching a demonstration, or volunteering?

Steve @ KGG is looking for help - lots and lots of it!
He booked something like 350 man hours of fun games and tourneys (WOW).

If there is something you want to teach or play, just let him know.

---------------------------

Canadian Legion Branch 480 - Westboro, 389 Richmond Road, upstairs.

Google maps:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=r...

Please bring $2.50 for the Legion.
Please remember on Wednesday nights the Legion serves food downstairs.

--------------------------------

MEMBERSHIP IS OPTIONAL - BUT CAN HAVE IT'S PRIVILEGES!

Membership provides discounts at local retailers through a membership card system.

There are two options:
1. $5.00 to Steve Larkin in Kanata. This entitles you to the cards
2. Prepay 3 weeks for the Legion (3 X $2.50 = $7.50)**. This entitles you to the cards and provides three weeks of dues to the Legion.
**Looks like it is still $7.50.

Recommendations are as follows:
If you are going to play at the Legion at least twice, I would do the prepay.
However, if you are in the west end and do not plan to go to the Legion, I would just pay the $5.00 to Steve at KGG.
Steve goes by srlarkin on BGG.

Just geekmail or ask at a session if you are interested in the membership discount cards.

googoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be bringing Risk: Legacy once again. I will also bring Flash Point, Undermining and No Thanks!

As for Game Summit, I will be bringing my 8 year old so I won't be taking part in any organized tournys but we are looking forward to tons of gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
Beware of Rocks from above
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bringing an expansion for Risk: Legacy. It's called A Can of Whoop A**!

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemontang and I should be there. Might bring a friend along too. Not exactly sure what me might bring to play just yet.

As for Game Summit, it's our first-ever Con of any kind! We'll mostly be playing, and hopefully checking out some vendors, garage sale,a nd hopefully new games! Always on the lookout for something new and fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott McKay
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools

I will be bringing (and teaching) The Forgotten Planet, one of the 3 games to be featured in the 'Tri-new game-athon' or Tri-Shiny that Steve L will be running at Game Summit. I think Steve wants to be in on the game so only 2 spots open!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking forward to round #3 of Risk: Legacy.

Some packages better be opened!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:

At the very least we should get the one for using up the minor cities and then when I win two games in a row we can open the two time winner packet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halden wrote:
GamerAtom wrote:

At the very least we should get the one for using up the minor cities and then when I you win two games in a row your second game, we can open the two time winner packet.

FTFY

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lajaro wrote:

cool
I tried that one the first game we played. It was a little one sided.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eirikr wrote:
lajaro wrote:

cool
I tried that one the first game we played. It was a little one sided.

shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If anybody might be into Commands & Colors (either Ancients or Napoleonics), please let me know and I can bring my copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor K
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased a copy of Mage Knight and I'm in absolute love with it. I'd be happy to teach it to anyone who is interested. Yet another amazing Vlaada game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all, I hope you don't think of this as spammy, but it seems like the "game night" threads get all the action in the Ontario forum, so I thought I'd share here.

For anyone who's planning on going to Game Summit, I've created a no-ship math trade to go along with it. The details are below, and the actual trade will occur some time on Saturday at GS.

Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade (Ottawa)

Key Dates:
Submissions Open: Now!
Submissions Close: Saturday, February 4, 6:00 PM Eastern
Want Lists Due: Saturday, February 11, 8:00 PM Eastern
Results Posted: Sometime shortly thereafter.

Trade Location:
Game Summit '12, Time and specific location TBD.

Trade Geeklist: Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade (Ottawa)
Request Geeklist: Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade (Ottawa) - Request List
Discussion Thread: Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade (Ottawa) Discussion Thread
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lissyssil wrote:
Hi all, I hope you don't think of this as spammy

I didn't at first because it is very welcomed information. But seeing how this exact same message has been cross-posted in at least two other places, opinions could change...

If you haven't already done so, might be best to start a new thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Atos
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, guilty. I figured Orleans, Ottawa, Kanata, that covers the city pretty well. Now, if I posted it in every thread in the Ontario forum, that would be hella spammy!

(Being new to gaming, and having not yet attended any game nights, I wasn't sure how much cross-over there is between the three groups.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Paradis
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lissyssil wrote:
Yes, guilty. I figured Orleans, Ottawa, Kanata, that covers the city pretty well. Now, if I posted it in every thread in the Ontario forum, that would be hella spammy!

(Being new to gaming, and having not yet attended any game nights, I wasn't sure how much cross-over there is between the three groups.)

A good number of players attend some if not all of the groups. Some also go tot he events hosted by the Comic Book Shoppe at the Royal Oak as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lang Bedang
Canada
Kanata
Ontario
flag msg tools
FortyRock
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lissyssil wrote:

Well ya better get out to a few to find out, then, eh??? ninjawhistle

Anyhow...with these three plus your post on Friday, Jan 20, I think you've covered your bases pretty well. Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Taerinshar wrote:
I recently purchased a copy of Mage Knight and I'm in absolute love with it. I'd be happy to teach it to anyone who is interested. Yet another amazing Vlaada game.

I would love to learn/play Mage Knight but I am already committed this week. Another time maybe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I may not be able to make it until 8pm anyone want to meet on their way to Game night and grab that game to play a round before I get there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
I'm going to try to come. I'd be up for playing any game, though I may bring Agricola and Race for the Galaxy if anyone is interested in either of those.

I've never been to one of these nights, but I have heard about them. Looking forward to meeting a few new people and playing some games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Leduc
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be bring my A Game of Cat and Mouse: The Game as it could use a few more tests before I submit it for Canadian Game of the Year. Its a shorter game, so there will be time for other stuff too. I'll have FrankenDie with me too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Whyte
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to make it out. Mage Knight sounds wicked cool but kinda long so if I am able to make it I will show up earlyish (6pm), if not I will post. I got myself a copy of Star Trek Fleet Captains for some fun gaming down the road some time as well if anyone is interested. As for the Con, I like to have no idea what I am gonna do, all I try to do is get as many ppls to come out as possible. Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Halden wrote:
I may not be able to make it until 8pm anyone want to meet on their way to Game night and grab that game to play a round before I get there?

2 hrs is cutting it close for a game. As long as I eliminate you quickly, it's doable, but if it's certain you won't be there till 8, I'm cool with abondoning Risk this week.

Christopher, bring one of your C&C games. I'm not saying I'll play it or not since I might not even show if Risk is abondoned, but you just never know when the opportunity will arise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M Loebach
Canada
Crysler
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
lissyssil wrote:
Hi all, I hope you don't think of this as spammy, but it seems like the "game night" threads get all the action in the Ontario forum, so I thought I'd share here.

For anyone who's planning on going to Game Summit, I've created a no-ship math trade to go along with it. The details are below, and the actual trade will occur some time on Saturday at GS.

Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade (Ottawa)

Key Dates:
Submissions Open: Now!
Submissions Close: Saturday, February 4, 6:00 PM Eastern
Want Lists Due: Saturday, February 11, 8:00 PM Eastern
Results Posted: Sometime shortly thereafter.

Trade Location:
Game Summit '12, Time and specific location TBD.

Trade Geeklist: Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade (Ottawa)
Request Geeklist: Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade (Ottawa) - Request List
Discussion Thread: Game Summit '12 No-Ship Math Trade (Ottawa) Discussion Thread

I do not think this is spammy at all.
You support our group and you are promoting a boardgame based event that nurtures and develops the hobby in the Ottawa area.
You are also volunteering your time.
(I assume you do not take a "cut")

That being said, it would be nice if someone bought/brought you a coffee for your work on the trade.

All the best with your project and make sure you post the next one!!

googoo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Ilitchev
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also going to drop by as I've never been to one of these. I think I'll bring Summoner Wars and/or Tzaar... but I'm interested in playing what other ppl bring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.