Recommend
198 
 Thumb up
 Hide
461 Posts
[1]  Prev «  15 , 16 , 17 , 18 , 19  Next »  [19] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » Sponsored Promotions

Subject: Geek Store - New Promos Coming Jan. 30th! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ian Kelly
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hexachlorophene J. Goodfortune, Kidnapper-At-Large, and Devourer of Tortoises par Excellence, at your service.
badge
If you can read this, then this sentence is false.
mbmbmbmbmb
ThisAintCool wrote:
I received the following in an email yesterday from a local business when the promos went on sale:

The Eclipse Supernova Expansion just went on sale via the BGG webstore for 7.50 each (with free shipping). Supply of this expansion is extremely limited to the point where it will likely sell out within hours (or less) even through BGG is limiting the order quantity to 1 per person.

If you want a copy of this expansion, you should order it immediately via the BGG store:

http://store.boardgamegeek.com/


If you are not an Eclipse fan or do not want the expansion, YOU SHOULD STILL ORDER IT IMMEDIATELY. We will buy them from you for $12.50 each -- that is $5 over the price you will be paying on BGG! With that $5 dollars, you could buy lottery tickets. With those lottery tickets, you could become a millionaire. With that those millions, you could run for President of the United States. As President of the United States, you could usher in era of World Peace.


I wonder if anybody would even take them up on that. If I were willing to sell my copy to somebody at a $5 profit just so they could turn around and scalp it, then I think I would rather just scalp it myself.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ThisAintCool Really
msg tools
UndeadViking wrote:


If they really did this, report them to the admins and let them sort it out - if you aren't going to report them, or call them out by name, then what is the point of posting this information?

Sheesh, even my daughter has outgrown the "I have a secret but I can't tell you" phase of her life...


If they really did this? What reason would anyone ever have of making this kind of thing up?

Is this even a reportable offense? If so, can someone point out where it says so and I would be happy to report.

I think I made it pretty clear as to why I did not use my user name, and why I did not out the owner directly in the thread. The debate was simply about whether people agreed or disagreed with this practice.

Something I have obviously pointed out I disagree with. Posting under my real name would do you absolutely no good. Posting under my real name however would out me in my local gaming community and to be perfectly honest, is something I don't really want to deal with. There are those that absolutely agree with me, but there will be those who won't and the last thing I want is any animosity from an individual who I've never met before.

As I said in my original post, if an Admin contacts me on this account, I would be happy to share the info. Other than that it was simply an instance that occurred that I put up for discussion.

If you have anything to add to the discussion feel free, I'm open to opinions, and again if this truly is a violation, I'd be happy to report.

Just not gonna tell my secrets to you nanny nanny booboo
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Boyle
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Firstly, thank you BGG for the promos.

Secondly, can't they just trace the IP
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Captain Yellowbeard
United States
Winston-Salem
NC
flag msg tools
You're either born a pirate or not! It's in the blood...
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
As I said in my original post, if an Admin contacts me on this account, I would be happy to share the info. Other than that it was simply an instance that occurred that I put up for discussion.

If you have anything to add to the discussion feel free, I'm open to opinions, and again if this truly is a violation, I'd be happy to report.


I'm going to make a humorous observation. Because like the scorpion, it is in my nature. With this comment, I am not making a comparison to the anonymous poster in any way, shape, or form. However, didn't Mike McQueary make similar claims.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aussieb1987 wrote:
Firstly, thank you BGG for the promos.

Secondly, can't they just trace the IP


What IP? The discussion is about a store soliciting other people to order the promos, so all the people who buy the promos are unique.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Boyle
United States
Indiana
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zeroth hour wrote:
aussieb1987 wrote:
Firstly, thank you BGG for the promos.

Secondly, can't they just trace the IP


What IP? The discussion is about a store soliciting other people to order the promos, so all the people who buy the promos are unique.


Assuming they resell them here then they surely be able to track where they are going.

Edit: For that matter you would think Admins would be able to trace messages like that, from one user to another.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
minionhunter wrote:
apotheos wrote:
Good lord.

Assume this is true.

There is nothing to "report".



I don't like BGG getting cheated. Its too nice passive/aggressive of a community to be cheated like this.

There fixed.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike S.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope Kristine (and all of BGG who are responsible for this awesome service) are NOT scared off by the amount of negative posts and keep continuing their efforts to give us as many good stuff as possible.


thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup THANK YOU BGG!!! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Louise McCully
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Player77 wrote:
I just hope Kristine (and all of BGG who are responsible for this awesome service) are NOT scared off by the amount of negative posts and keep continuing their efforts to give us as many good stuff as possible.


thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup THANK YOU BGG!!! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup


Yes let's get more positive replies here! Make Kristine and the admins smile about all their hardwork tracking down pallets and upgrading the store thumbsup
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Renzoni
United States
Orange
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks BGG!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
rhianna_ wrote:
Player77 wrote:
I just hope Kristine (and all of BGG who are responsible for this awesome service) are NOT scared off by the amount of negative posts and keep continuing their efforts to give us as many good stuff as possible.


thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup THANK YOU BGG!!! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup


Yes let's get more positive replies here! Make Kristine and the admins smile about all their hardwork tracking down pallets and upgrading the store thumbsup


Right! thumbsup & "Thank you!!!" also from here!

7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Woods
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't own Eclipse yet because it sold out here in Canada pretty quick and I missed out on picking up a copy. But, I bought a promo as fast as I could. I did not screw anyone who owns the game out of a copy, I just made sure I would have one for when I can finally Eclipse. I don't say that others screwed me out of a copy of Eclipse because they bought all of them before me; I missed out because I missed out. I'll get a copy when it is reprinted, like everyone else in my situation.
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify... there is no guarantee that Asmodee will make any more of the Eclipse promo. I just made it known that there is certainly demand for it and that we'd be happy to carry more of them. Whether they actually make more with the reprint is up in the air.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Just to clarify... there is no guarantee that Asmodee will make any more of the Eclipse promo. I just made it known that there is certainly demand for it and that we'd be happy to carry more of them. Whether they actually make more with the reprint is up in the air.


It sounded to me like they would be reprinted according to Lautapelit.fi:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8377476#8377476
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8378126#8378126
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8377518#8377518

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Arnold
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Just to clarify... there is no guarantee that Asmodee will make any more of the Eclipse promo. I just made it known that there is certainly demand for it and that we'd be happy to carry more of them. Whether they actually make more with the reprint is up in the air.


Let's hope they understand the want/demand for it and decide to make the fans happy. Oh, and show a little more love to Canadians in terms of supply with Eclipse itself next time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monkeyman wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Just to clarify... there is no guarantee that Asmodee will make any more of the Eclipse promo. I just made it known that there is certainly demand for it and that we'd be happy to carry more of them. Whether they actually make more with the reprint is up in the air.


Let's hope they understand the want/demand for it and decide to make the fans happy. Oh, and show a little more love to Canadians in terms of supply with Eclipse itself next time.


Congrats to all who got the promo...there was only 400. I didn't and well I doubt that will ruin my day.

For all the people bitter and ready to start conspiratorial theories linked to the highest levels of government...this is why we need pot to be legal...to calm you down.

It's not like the promo is needed, necessary, or important. People with OCD and completists syndrome can calm down and buy a 3D printer and pirate your friend's promo...or drink beer and relax.

Man sometimes the level of passive aggressive nerd rage here on BBG makes me laugh. I wish this kind of rage occurred when my local nuclear reactor lost power two days ago and starting releasing "safe levels" of radiation in the air. But no...god forbid someone bought a $5 promo and they didn't own the game...the horror.
13 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
While sleeping, watch!
United States
Unspecified
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The production of Hoffman lenses is incumbent upon all true scientists
badge
The tallest mountains, the darkest forests, the deepest deserts, the oldest books, there you will find the stone.
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
Monkeyman wrote:
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
Just to clarify... there is no guarantee that Asmodee will make any more of the Eclipse promo. I just made it known that there is certainly demand for it and that we'd be happy to carry more of them. Whether they actually make more with the reprint is up in the air.


Let's hope they understand the want/demand for it and decide to make the fans happy. Oh, and show a little more love to Canadians in terms of supply with Eclipse itself next time.


Congrats to all who got the promo...there was only 400. I didn't and well I doubt that will ruin my day.

For all the people bitter and ready to start conspiratorial theories linked to the highest levels of government...this is why we need pot to be legal...to calm you down.

It's not like the promo is needed, necessary, or important. People with OCD and completists syndrome can calm down and buy a 3D printer and pirate your friend's promo...or drink beer and relax.

Man sometimes the level of passive aggressive nerd rage here on BBG makes me laugh. I wish this kind of rage occurred when my local nuclear reactor lost power two days ago and starting releasing "safe levels" of radiation in the air. But no...god forbid someone bought a $5 promo and they didn't own the game...the horror.


Best post in this whole thread.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Christine:
When is the Tenno's Court going to be released? You said a couple days...
Thanks
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Plainfield
ILLINOIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Christine:
When is the Tenno's Court going to be released? You said a couple days...
Thanks


I wonder if they will create a subscription to BGG store releases so we know when they are officially available... that would be kind of cool.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristine Anderson
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Christine:
When is the Tenno's Court going to be released? You said a couple days...
Thanks


Just released.

Thanks,
Kristine
BGG Store
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
johnnyspys wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Christine:
When is the Tenno's Court going to be released? You said a couple days...
Thanks

I wonder if they will create a subscription to BGG store releases so we know when they are officially available... that would be kind of cool.

That'd be cool indeed. I help myself by subscribing to Kristine's posts instead
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Kristine wrote:
corkysru wrote:
Christine:
When is the Tenno's Court going to be released? You said a couple days...
Thanks


Just released.

Thanks,
Kristine
BGG Store

Yay..
But boo to having to use USPS. I really try to avoid them for packages of any value as much as possible...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for supporting the Postal Service!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick
United States
Glenshaw
Pa
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Thank you for supporting the Postal Service!

Yeah it's great to support a bad business model that damages most of my packages.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh G. Rection
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Yeah it's great to support a bad business model that damages most of my packages.


Shit, you should see the way most of my packages via UPS are delivered. The outer boxes look like accordions.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  15 , 16 , 17 , 18 , 19  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.