Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the Ipod version and it is Fantastic. I'm going to bring out the card version with my games, and when I was running through the game & rules by myself, I came across this scenario.

I only have 2 fields.
I have 1 x Red bean planted, 2 x Chilli Beans (3 Chilli's give you 1 coin)

When it was my turn at Phase 1, where you MUST plant a bean,
I had a Stink bean which I had to plant.

Can I harvest the Chilli beans first?
Even though I won't get any money because I need 3 to get 1 coin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Andrikonis
Lithuania
Vilnius
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, you must harvest Chilli beans first. You are never allowed to harvest a been field with one been, if you have a field with more than one been.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrs Smith
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
This is my chance to convey something meaningful! Darn. Wasted it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, that's right. You simply harvest them and get no coins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the fast responses
This is one great game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Stein
Germany
76185 Karlsruhe
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We yesterday had a little fight about a similar question concerning harvesting. Unfortunately, the German rules (as we read it) don't mention this case. They (roughly translated from my memory) say:

a) You have to get rid of both cards you have drawn for trade. [However, the rule doesn't state whether you have to plant them in case you can't trade them.]
b) You may harvest fields with only one bean in case you don't have another field with more than one bean planted.

So, in case you have 2 x 1 beans on your field and you draw a card for trade you won't be able to trade and it doesn't fit with the beans you've already planted: Are you allowed to throw away this particular card which you were supposed to trade or do you have to harvest one of your single-beaned fields?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moeper wrote:
So, in case you have 2 x 1 beans on your field and you draw a card for trade you won't be able to trade and it doesn't fit with the beans you've already planted: Are you allowed to throw away this particular card which you were supposed to trade or do you have to harvest one of your single-beaned fields?

1. You always have to plant the new bean cards.

2. You usually may not harvest filed with a single beans. But in case non of the fields have more than 1 bean, you are allowed to harvest them.

In your case, because of 1), you have to do 2) and harvest the single bean.

But the wording is because you can do 2) voluntary. Imagine you have one empty field, and a field with a stink bean. Through trading, you acquire 2 fire beans and 2 blue beans. Rule 2) allows you to harvest your single stink bean first (no field with more than 1 bean). Otherwise, you would have to plant your blue beans, harvest them immediately (since you can't harvest the single bean field at this point), and plant your fire beans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.