Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
O God, thy sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mb
I just got Homesteaders yesterday.

Cracking it I discovered a mind-blowing volume of cardboard. Prodigious amounts of cardboard. The tiles are thick and punching was very satisfying.

Now I've got a jumble of all that beautiful cardboard sitting in the box, unorganized. This bothers my aesthetic.

Any good tricks how to organize all the bits so setup is less cumbersome than it looks?

I'm particularly interested in strategies for pre-sorting all of the tiles which have the same dimensions but very different uses and categories.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Looks like a really really cool game. Flew under my radar but after research seemed right up my alley. Can't wait to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Noble
United States
El Dorado Hills
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a good solution I found while browsing the images:

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1118599/homesteaders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only ones you need to protect against marks are the 2nd and 3rd auction tiles. I put all the auction tiles into the large plastic ziplock bag. All the wood bits go together into a cloth bag, all coins and trade chits into the same bag and victory tokens into another.

The properties are sorted by type - settlement, settlement/town, town, etc. and they stay put with all the other stuff around them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stored it "Agricola" style. Which for me is a small "tackle box". A transparent mini container with divisions. It's odd though because for 7 wonders I just throw everything into a big pile. I don't know why I don't just throw stuff into a big pile for certain other games. Maybe it's because there's so many different kinds of things in Agricola/Homesteader.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is mine:

Each auction has its own bag (I, II, III), and then tiles are separated by phase (Settlement, Settlement/Town, Town, City). Lastly, each player has a bag with their starting tiles.

As the game is being played, I try to be careful to keep the tiles separate so that clean up is quick.

Edit:
The box is available at Walmart (at least in Vegas and SLC) in the crafts section.

It's the 2-3601 Utility Box from Creative Options.

http://creativeoptionscrafts.com/product.asp?product=51

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Lupo
United States
ALEXANDRIA
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:

As the game is being played, I try to be careful to keep the tiles separate so that clean up is quick.

We do that to. As an auction tile is used, it's flipped onto a stack, face down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Baert
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here's mine...

I work as a cardboard designer so it's not exactly homemade (the inserts have been cut on a cardboard cutting plotter). If someone want's the technical drawing to cut it yourself feel free to drop me a message...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.