Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
Due to the superbowl and low turn out we will Cancel the Feb 5th meet up. Stay tuned for a post on are upcoming tournament soon.

I would like to invite anyone that maybe interested in playing or learning A Game of Thrones Card Game (AGoT) to come to the Wizard’s Tower at 3350 Fallowfield Road in Barhaven (right across from the Fallowfield bus terminal) on Sunday February 5th at 6:30 PM. This will be the second meeting of a bi-weekly league.We had six players show up last week and the store forgot to advertise it....we will get more next time.

The league is focused on recreational play but will hold a tournament every third meeting. Information on tournaments will be posted closer to the date they will be held but they will focus on including the largest number of players possible and letting new players to the game participate in a fun environment.

All new players and those that want to learn the game are welcome: I will ensure that I have four (4) copies of everything new players need to play to be lent out including balanced decks so that they can quickly learn the game and have some fun.

If you have any questions you can send an e-mail to AGoTOttawa@gmail.com.

About A Game of Thrones Card Game

A Game of Thrones (or AGoT, for short) is a Living Card Game (LCG) produced by Fantasy Flight Games (FFG), based on the A Song of Ice and Fire series of novels written by George R. R. Martin designed for 2 to 4 players.

In the game, players assume the leadership of one of the great houses of Westeros vying for control of King's Landing and the Iron Throne. The goal of this game is to be the first player to collect a total of 15 power. Players can do this in many ways: launch military attacks against their opponents, undermine their opponents’ plans with intrigues of their own, and make brazen power plays to win the support of the realm. Players have at their disposal mighty armies, scheming courtiers, game-changing events, and many of the unique characters and locations that make up Martin’s fantasy setting. Sudden reversals of fortune are as common in the game as they are in the series.

What is a Living Card Game (LCG)?

An LCG basically describes the distribution model Fantasy Flight Games uses for certain card games. The selling point of an LCG is that there is no blind buy model (think booster packs in MTG). Fantasy Flight releases monthly packs of predetermined cards. This removes "chase rares" (e.g. super expensive cards that are needed to be competitive) that plague other CCGs like Magic. With this model, a player knows exactly what they will get with each pack, and as such can purchase only packs with cards they are interested in using. In general the cost to start playing and stay current is a fraction of the cost of a collectable card game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pye
Canada
flag msg tools
Re: Game of Thrones Card Game (AgoT) - Sunday Feb 5th – Learning Event and League Play
Don't think I'll be able to make this one. Got a Super Bowl bonspiel to play in. I'm looking forward to the tourney, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hall
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Re: Game of Thrones Card Game (AgoT) - Sunday Feb 5th – Learning Event and League Play
I'm also not going to be around on the 5th - driving people to the airport, then dogsitting.

I was thinking that it would be a good idea for those of us looking for more practice to meet up using OCTGN or Lackey during the week. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
I will post some info about the tournament soon.

If you want to play OCTGN their is a google document with people's contact info. I am also up for the odd game during the week live if some one wants to organize. 8)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pye
Canada
flag msg tools
I'd be up for some octgn games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
Take a look at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmNkZpW_RfxfdFp...

to find some games.

Or you can try using https://www.skylabsonline.com/index.php?page=octgn lots of people just start games asking for someone to join.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
PS: i may be a bit late due to my daughters b-day party

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor The Aussie
Canada
flag msg tools
I won't be able to make this one too due to the superbowl.....

I just remade my Greyjoy deck and am keen to see how it stands up. If anyone is keen to get together at another time I would be keen. (busy Thursday and Friday nights though).

What is OCTGN?

Trev

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Pye
Canada
flag msg tools
Would love to test your Greyjoy deck Trev. Not sure I can this week, though. Octgn is a program for playing some card games online, including agot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
Due to the superbowl and low turn out we will Cancel the Feb 5th meet up.

Stay tuned for a post on are upcoming tournament soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis Cote
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Jon - Why don't you plan to run this event at Game Summit? Once at the event, come to the Info Kiosk and we can set you up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Andrews
Canada
flag msg tools
I am running it at Game Summit 8)

That is as long as my wife lets me out of the house.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis Cote
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Your wife is invited too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.