Subject: A Request for Tales - FFG are you listening? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading LOTR again (as this game has inspired me to) made me wish for 'Tales' cards as the trilogy is so rich in folklore and history. Telling tales to comrades is also an important flavour of the books as much as Songs are.

The Tales cards ('The Tale of Beren and Luthien' etc) could both be attachments and events.

A much better rule for 'campfire Tales' (a fairly useless card) would be then to draw one of these cards from your deck rather tahn just 'draw a card' and much better thematically.

What do people think? I really think 'Tales' could be a nice keyword addition to the game and hope FFG include them

Can we start a campaign now?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are really into Lord of the Rings right now as I am, I would REALLY recommend The One Ring RPG by Cubicle 7.

It is AMAZING, even just for a good read and insight into the world. The art is beautiful and I am planning on using the season adventures form the LCG as my story arc for the RPG.

It's like they are being developed side by side by the same company and not two because they are both investigating the same area of Middle Earth.

Amazon has it for cheaper, but I would gladly have paid full price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragoncymru wrote:
Reading LOTR again (as this game has inspired me to) made me wish for 'Tales' cards as the trilogy is so rich in folklore and history. Telling tales to comrades is also an important flavour of the books as much as Songs are.

Those tales were related in songs. Thus, the Song cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon cogan
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
dragoncymru wrote:

Yes, possibly you're right - it's just the Songs released thus far (at least the ones I've seen) are a bit bland and generic in tone just giving sphere icons.

It was CampFire Tales that set me off.....laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Jobes IV
United States
Emmaus
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dragoncymru wrote:
Kobold Curry Chef wrote:
dragoncymru wrote:

Yes, possibly you're right - it's just the Songs released thus far (at least the ones I've seen) are a bit bland and generic in tone just giving sphere icons.

It was CampFire Tales that set me off.....laugh

Check out Song of Mocking
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still don't see how song cards work, unless you are playing solo with a two sphere deck. But please explain to me other ways of using them in a two player game with two decks of one sphere each, otherwise there's a dozen or so cards in my box that are going to gather dust. Thedy never seem to appear in anyone's killer decks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Jobes IV
United States
Emmaus
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chou4555 wrote:
I still don't see how song cards work, unless you are playing solo with a two sphere deck. But please explain to me other ways of using them in a two player game with two decks of one sphere each, otherwise there's a dozen or so cards in my box that are going to gather dust. Thedy never seem to appear in anyone's killer decks!

Well, you're probably not playing regulation 50 card decks, if there's tons of cards just collecting dust. And, to play 50 cards, you kind of have to play two sphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilty as charged! As you know from other threads, I'm a 40 card man at the moment..whistle Guess I never gonna win a tournament!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Loftus
United States
Henrietta
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is off topic, but I _CANNOT_ _NOT_ hear Baltar's voice in every post you make. I should change my avatar to Morgan Freedman for the same reason.

jobes2007 wrote:
Chou4555 wrote:

Well, you're probably not playing regulation 50 card decks, if there's tons of cards just collecting dust. And, to play 50 cards, you kind of have to play two sphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Miller
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
jobes2007 wrote:
[q="Chou4555"]I still don't see how song cards work, unless you are playing solo with a two sphere deck. But please explain to me other ways of using them in a two player game with two decks of one sphere each, otherwise there's a dozen or so cards in my box that are going to gather dust. Thedy never seem to appear in anyone's killer decks!

In my view the best use of songs is with the lore deck & the 3 cost lore ally that allows you to pluck a song out of your deck. It especially helps when you have a character with steward of gondor. When they have a song on them they can contribute to either sphere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Houghton
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh! I see... Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.