Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dominick Skabeikis
United States
Hilo
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a problem with my copy of Mage Knight Board game.

All the map tiles are completely misaligned. It seems like the cutter at the factory was off when they were punching out the map tiles. All of the numbers that are supposed to be printed on the tiles are completely cut off, and the sides have bars of white or some terrain types that are out of place. For example, a forest tile will have a 1/4 inch slice of desert on the edge or a slice of just white color.
I haven't played the game, so I have yet to know how much it will affect gameplay, but it's obviously not that aesthetically pleasing.
In addition to this, after I unwrapped the tiles from the plastic, they started to curl up slightly. I'm assuming this was due to humidity even though it is pretty dry where I am right now.

Are anyone else's map tiles not aligned correctly, and can anyone tell me how not having the numbers on the tiles will affect game play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At least for the walkthrough game, the numbers are significant for ordering how the tiles are revealed, although you may be able to deduce that from the tile descriptions in the walkthrough rulebook.

The numbers are also important for determining the orientation of the tiles when they're placed, but if your tiles all have the slice of misprinted terrain on the same side, that might give you enough clues for orientation.

I've heard their customer service is very good, so you may be able to get replacement tiles without too much of a headache.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat G
United States
Pooler
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Going through WizKids replacement process they will ask you for photos of the tiles because it is more than 6 pieces in a single game. Other than that they have been incredibly quick about replacing components in all the games that I own from them. Just go to the link here to request parts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.