Popular Tags: [View All]
Irwin Dolobowsky
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guys,

I'm a long time BBG.com reader thought I think this might be my first forum post. Just wanted to echo the rest of the comment here - I'll miss the podcast greatly!

I discovered it back in November and have been listening to new and old episodes. The show always made me feel like I was sitting around chatting with my friends about board games (and when I do, the conversations are pretty close). What did you play recently? Oh, what did you think of this game? Etc.

Thanks for doing what you've done, you will be missed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Munnerlyn
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll miss rolling my eyes at "Boardgame capitol of the world." I'll also miss all the fun of listening to these guys go back and forth over games and gaming.

They are a great pair and I love the Buy, Try, Deny points style of reviews. I was really looking forward to John commenting on the Rangers upcoming season as the year went on too.

Hope to see you two at BGG.Con.

Take care!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugh Ashman
Australia
Melton
Victoria
flag msg tools
When Short Attention Gamer podcast finished I thought "how can they do this to me?"- then I remembered,they are two guys volunteering their time,money and effort to do this podcasting thing they love.

When a Podcast of your quality stops,that's when people start to remember the above facts.Game On! and D6G convinced me to make the trek from Melbourne Australia to Gencon last year.I loved every minute of it and I got a Colts hat!

I will miss the podcast alot,however I have permission from "she who must be obeyed" to attend Gencon in 2013 so It would be great to meet the guys in person and shake your hand.

Good luck in what ever you do in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rich m
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really sorry to hear this news. For me Game On, along with the Dicetower, are the two must hear gaming podcasts and you’ll be badly missed. Your shows have expanded my gaming horizons massively, particularly in RPG and miniatures gaming with which I was previously unfamiliar. So thanks for all the great shows and GAME ON!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark DiBlasi
United States
Kingman
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To Adam Carter - Check out the D6 Generation. Another great podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark DiBlasi
United States
Kingman
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys - thanks for the podcast over the past few years. Have really enjoyed listening to it. Sorry to hear that you're retiring, but I totally understand. Enjoy the increase in personal gaming time!

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Visscher
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to see you go guys, you are one of my goto Podcasts. You will be missed :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cochran
United States
Costa Mesa
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I suppose I understand the rationale that you don't want to be one of those podcasts that loses inertia and fades out, but the very aggressive "every two weeks" schedule you have now isn't the only option even though it's what other game podcasts do. One of my other favorite podcasts is Geeks On, whose episodes come out intermittently between 2 and 6 weeks, and they've been going strong for a while. The model DOES exist for occasional podcasting if you guys do want to just be "two guys with a mic" from time to time.

Either way, best of luck and good gaming in the future to you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Smith
United States
Jonesborough
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was certainly surprised to hear the news, guys. I have really enjoyed listening to Game On - it has been an entertaining, informative, and humorous podcast. Thanks for all your hard work putting it together. We all know that time is limited, and I can understand how playing games is more important that talking about games. I certainly look forward to the next four episodes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Collins
United States
Seymour
Indiana
flag msg tools
@majmalfunction
mbmbmbmbmb
I need a black band for my Game On! microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown

Portland
OR - Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for podcasting! With recently having a kid, I don't get to game as much as I'd like. Your podcast kept me in touch with the gaming world.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diz Hooper
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
acarter wrote:
Any recommendations for a replacement podcast? I also listen to The Dice Tower and On Board Games, but both lack the casual "two dudes talking about board games" feel (they're good in other ways ).

I'd recommend the Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast. They're a really fun bunch of guys that keep a good balance between board games and RPGs.

Cody and John, we're going to really miss you. If you ever decide you want to put a podcast together again in the future, we'll always be willing to listen. Thanks for all the hard work, and enjoy all the gaming that you've been missing out on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muziq
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for the Secret Cabal Gaming Podcast. For me it carries the same 'feel' as Game On.

Thanks Cody and John, your podcast was/is great and you'll be sorely missed!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.