8 Posts

Glory to Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Forum Romanum combined with Tower rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roger Hedgehog
Belgium
flag msg tools
As stated in rules, by combining a Forum with a Ludus Magna, it's possible to use Merchant clients as wildcards to satisfy the "one client of each type" victory condition.

With the "new" Forum Romanum, I wonder if the same happens for materials if it is combined with a Tower, i.e., may Rubble materials be used as wildcards to fulfill the "one material of each type" condition?

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elia - "Rainbow Hippie" Acca
Italy
Bergamo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tigrou44 wrote:
As stated in rules, by combining a Forum with a Ludus Magna, it's possible to use Merchant clients as wildcards to satisfy the "one client of each type" victory condition.

With the "new" Forum Romanum, I wonder if the same happens for materials if it is combined with a Tower, i.e., may Rubble materials be used as wildcards to fulfill the "one material of each type" condition?

Thanks in advance

Welcome to BGG!

The Tower power (eh) is "May use RUBBLE in any STRUCTURE" so I'd say no. The Rubble is still rubble, even if you could use it in any structure. If it said something on the line of "RUBBLE counts as any material" then I'd shout "Glory to Rome!" and agree with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Director of Game Development at Cambridge Games Factory
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Accatitippi wrote:

The Tower power (eh) is "May use RUBBLE in any STRUCTURE" so I'd say no. The Rubble is still rubble, even if you could use it in any structure. If it said something on the line of "RUBBLE counts as any material" then I'd shout "Glory to Rome!" and agree with you.

That's correct; it doesn't work with the way it is worded.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Hedgehog
Belgium
flag msg tools
Thanks for your answers, best regards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Forum Romanum?" I gather this is a tweak of the Forum from one of the later (post-"I.V") editions. What does it do/say?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Director of Game Development at Cambridge Games Factory
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
BlondieWan wrote:
"Forum Romanum?" I gather this is a tweak of the Forum from one of the later (post-"I.V") editions. What does it do/say?

It's an alternate version of the Forum used in the official 'Republic' variant. It grants you an instant win if you have 1 of each color client + 1 of each color material in stockpile. Other changes in the Republic variant (namely, easier petitions) make the Forum goal easier to accomplish, so a harder version was needed for balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe E.
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Official 'Republic' variant?"

I think I've just spent too much time away from BGG in general over the last couple years; it appears I have all kinds of stuff to catch up on...

Thanks for the info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugues Richard
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rseater wrote:
That's correct; it doesn't work with the way it is worded.

Since when GTR care about words ? Depot and Ludus do not combine with Forum until you read the rulebook that says it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.