Pierre Goyer
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the expansion says 2-4 players, but playing solo can also be done.

Am I right to say that:

10 turns
No limit to developments
All disasters affect me
Reroll skulls possible
All monuments in

But how do you implement Smithing?

Owll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
owll wrote:

You don't fully implement it (just like you'd do for Religion). You may buy Smithing and/or Religion if you want the VPs and to keep an Invasion / Revolt from possible affecting yourself. The affect for opponent is meaningless in solo play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Goyer
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
owll wrote:

You don't fully implement it (just like you'd do for Religion). You may buy Smithing and/or Religion if you want the VPs and to keep an Invasion / Revolt from possible affecting yourself. The affect for opponent is meaningless in solo play.

Yes, at least it's that taken.
But considering that you reroll skulls, getting 5 of them will likely never happend, so smithing become meaningless as you say.

Still, in the way the game seems to implement it with more players, I am reluctant to throw away a development so how about:

Invasion (5 skulls) : remove 1 of your disaster for each spearhead you have. (you will have at least 2 with your 10 goods/5 skulls)

Owll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You could just add one point to your score for each spearhead you use, since you'd be effectively adding a point to your score if you were playing against others that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.