$10.00
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Nexus Ops» Forums » General

Subject: Maps in printed copy are incorrect, see FFG webpage for corrected versions. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened up my copy and I have 6 double tiles, 4 are forest-rocks and 2 are crystal-rocks. However in the scenario setups, it shows 3 and 3, and I actually can't set the board up with the tiles I have. I don't have any duplicate punchboards and I have the correct number of tiles which makes me think this is a printing error for all copies. Any one else notice this problem?

EDIT: I just noticed that the maps on the webpage are different from my rulebook. The rightmost crystal-rocks on every map should be a forest-rocks and the left-most tile in energy dependence is a crystal-rocks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Messed up tiles?! Possibly problem with all/multiple copies.
LordHellfury wrote:
ras2124 wrote:
I just opened up my copy and I have 6 double tiles, 4 are forest-rocks and 2 are crystal-rocks.

This is the correct count. the diagram is flawed.
Which diagram? All of them except the two-player "energy dependence" map are unplayable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Messed up tiles?! Possibly problem with all/multiple copies.
Okay, I figured it out. ALL of the maps in the rulebook are incorrect and different from those in the rulebook online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Filpus
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Okay, I figured it out. ALL of the maps in the rulebook are incorrect and different from those in the rulebook online.

Wow, that's quite the error. At least they caught it in the online rulebook, and presumably will mention it in the first round of errata/FAQ.

But the intent of those maps isn't to show you exactly what tile to put where. For the full-sized map, you're supposed to follow the randomization process earlier in the rules- put the single-hex tiles randomly in the first ring around the monolith, and put the double-hex tiles randomly around the second ring.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GregF wrote:
ras2124 wrote:

Wow, that's quite the error. At least they caught it in the online rulebook, and presumably will mention it in the first round of errata/FAQ.

But the intent of those maps isn't to show you exactly what tile to put where. For the full-sized map, you're supposed to follow the randomization process earlier in the rules- put the single-hex tiles randomly in the first ring around the monolith, and put the double-hex tiles randomly around the second ring.
That is good to know. What bothered me the most is that they don't give specific lists of the tiles, just the type so all I knew was that I was supposed to have 6 double tiles. After looking at the map (all of them in fact), it seemed that my 6 tiles were not the correct ones. Hopefully people who have never played the game like me will see this post and realize that they are supposed to have 4 and 2 and not 3 and 3 like the maps suggest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Walkingshaw
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The good news is, this means they decided to go with the forest vs. crystal hex terrain count from the original game. Initially, it seemed that they were going to have an equal number of forest and crystal hexes. This would have eliminated an interesting trade-off between fungoids and crystallines in the original. (Fungoids are powerful on more hexes, but crystallines attack first.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay. It might sound like a very minor change (or rather, reversal of a change), but this actually makes me consider picking up this version of the game after all - it seems that FFG understood the game they're reimplementing after all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haslo wrote:
Yay. It might sound like a very minor change (or rather, reversal of a change), but this actually makes me consider picking up this version of the game after all - it seems that FFG understood the game they're reimplementing after all!

Yes Yes Yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Geez, FFG is really screwing up these days!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Engstrom
United States
Morton Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Paint it red; RED 'UNS GO FASTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened my copy and was wondering this as well. Although, I guess it DOES make sense that this uneven distribution between crystal and forest provides an incentive to purchase fungoids, rather than the faster crystalline.

I'm glad I found this thread!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad too, because I've just received the new edition and I was starting to get nervous gulp

So is the following set correct?:

6 single hexes:
- 2 green tiles (liquifungus)
- 3 red tiles (magma)
- 1 blue tiles (crystal)
- 0 black tiles (rock)

6 double-hexes = 12 hexes
- 4 green tiles (liquifungus)
- 0 red tiles (magma)
- 2 blue tiles (crystal)
- 6 black tiles (rock)

For a total of:
- 6 green tiles (liquifungus)
- 3 red tiles (magma)
- 3 blue tiles (crystal)
- 6 black tiles (rock)

(I'm not counting the triple-hexed-tiles)

Son in the inner circle, there are no rocks, and in the outer perimeter there are no magma tiles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar hawkman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sounds about right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carquinyoli

Tarragona
Catalunya
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Lam
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't this irrelevant though because you randomize the tiles each game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ophidion wrote:
Isn't this irrelevant though because you randomize the tiles each game?
You do randomize them, but it was an issue with the tile count, not the setup.

Basically the thread is now to serve as a message that despite what the rule book might lead you to believe via the example maps printed, you probably have the correct set of tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.