$10.00
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Inflation.

People have lost their life savings either through it, or the use of voodoo economics to stop it, but here on BGG we aren't seeing it bite on the Geekgold.

I'm interested in views on the state of the Geekgold. There was concern on several forums that the 2011 and 2012 members bonus would create inflation devaluing the currency by having more gold chasing items and making them more expensive. there was fear that the amount of geekgold needed to buy US$ in the marketplace would increase and that the returns in games for geekgold lotteries would huge amounts of coin but less buying power.

Before commissioning more study into the issues and before talking to Geekdom's Monster of Finance I'm seeing no effect whatsoever and if anything the exchange rate seems stronger. The g4gg lotteries give anyone bidding a greater chance of winning, the market price of US$ is holding steady.

If could be :

a: The overtext sinkhole was a successful intervention by the Monster of Finance
b: we have had massive shortage of all along and this wasn't enough to shift it.
c: People are hoarding to keep it scarce.

I'm curious what others have noticed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronnie
United States
Carrollton
Texas
flag msg tools
We wanna be free. We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. And we wanna play games. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we're gonna do. We're gonna have a good time; We're gonna have a party...
mbmbmbmbmb
I've thought about this to and would be very curious to know if GG inflation were a problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Redward wrote:
I've thought about this to and would be very curious to know if GG inflation were a problem.

I saw posts where people said this would be an issue and devalue geekgold- I think somehow we have the opposite- deflation and in fact gg is worth more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
d: BGG is growing. More people requires more to maintain the same value relative to the dollar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.