Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
... according to the production update that GMT Games just issued today. The playtest map files have gone to the lead artist, so work on the production map should start next month.

I'm hoping for a July ship date, but there will be a ton of stuff in this box -- over 170 wooden pieces (many embossed), mounted map board, 7 player aid sheets (most of them foldouts), deck of 76 cards, countersheet, rulebook of course, and a separate and very substantial background playbook with tutorials, strategy tips, and historical information on the factions and every event card. So lots of art, production, and assembly to get done between now and 3rd Quarter!

Regards, vfr

[edit: 76 cards]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wanda Davies
United States
Olympia
Washington (WA)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yipee!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome. Can't wait!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bradshaw
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello Gregor wrote:
Yipee!

This. If I'm to get anywhere near as much out of this as I do with Labyrinth then I can't wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, that is a lot of stuff. I have to wait until this summer? Dang. But that's good, by then I'll forget I had even ordered and it will be a nice surprise. Mounted Board as well, wow, I was hoping that game would come with a mounted board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Walker
United States
Riverside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be hoping for a July date as well! So that I can play it over the summer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
July also would in time for the World Boardgaming Championships. We shall see.

Today I updated the deck master (just my playtest file in Word) with some better photography and entered all the image credits into the Playbook file. Step by step ...

vfr
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
This game and Virgin Queen are the two games that can't get here fast enough IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Volko Ruhnke
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
July 2012 release date for Andean Abyss is official, according to this week's GMT Update from Gene:

http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=224
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.