$10.00
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the "Tracking Victory Types with Fame and Fortune", the last data shows the Arabs as the higher rated civilization, yet, SPAIN is the most played, having more games then the 3rd and 4th combined.

What makes spain so attractive?

They have:
Extra scout
+1 speed
Can build any basic building type when you explore a new square

Those are cool advantages, specially the +1 speed, that let's you get huts quickly, but, I do not think they are better then the Arabs, yet, I have played spain 3 times and no Arabs for me.

Edit: Tracking Victory with FaF: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/7961476
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Kreiner-Møller
Denmark
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like to play Spain. The main reason for me is that their special ability lets them pursue basically any type of victory. It is in my opinion one of the most versatile and flexible nations depending on what starting buildings you get. That extra scout, movement speed, and navigation allows for a very fast expand, and quick city building which can be used for every strategy.

Edit: But I still think that the arabs are a bit too good for going after culture and researching pottery first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
El-ad David Amir
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic, but now I feel like we're the only group who actually randomizes the civilizations o_O And we never had the Arabs, yet...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:
Off topic, but now I feel like we're the only group who actually randomizes the civilizations o_O And we never had the Arabs, yet...

You're not alone. I greatly prefer random civ's. We only allow a re-draw if you get the same civ you played with last time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Kreiner-Møller
Denmark
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play with a random draw and the Arabs has been in three of 12 games and won all three of them. I haven't tried out the greeks though and would really like to play them in one of my next games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Alan Sayers
United States
Johnson City
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IirionClaus wrote:

We play with a random draw, with the caveat that if you draw a civilization you have played before (because we don't get to play often, no-one in our group has yet played every civ), you can re-draw once if you wish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.