Subject: Growing metropolis rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Asger Kreiner-Møller
Denmark
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I came across a problem with growing a metropolis last night. 1: Is it legal to grow the metropolis in such a way that it will contain a hut or village? And 2: can you then use the square for trade or production before it is cleared?

The rulebook does not state anything about this, only enemy figures. We interpreted that you are allowed to grow the metropolis but not use the square with the hut.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lujic
Denmark
flag msg tools
Actually, I do believe the rulebook (at least for the core game) clarifies this. A city (when it is founded) may not contain enemy figures/tokens of any kind, and unexplored huts and villages fall into this category.

In short: NO, your cities/metropoli may not contain ANY "foreign" figures/tokens.

P.S.: I can also explain in Danish, if you need to. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asger Kreiner-Møller
Denmark
København Ø
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is not about founding cities. If you look to the rulebook examples about growing a metropolis, it is allowed to grow it when a enemy figure is in the outskirts.

I am aware of the enemy figure rule when you found the city.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleks The Great
Norway
flag msg tools
From reading the expansion rulebook, I interpreted in such a way that this is allowed (but I assume that the tile is blockaded while the hut or village is there).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This has already been discussed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dragan Lujic
Denmark
flag msg tools
Nanokae wrote:
It is not about founding cities. If you look to the rulebook examples about growing a metropolis, it is allowed to grow it when a enemy figure is in the outskirts.

I am aware of the enemy figure rule when you found the city.

You're right! For some silly reason, I forgot that only capitals can expand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.