Hide
8 Posts

Munchkin» Forums » Rules

Subject: A couple of questions.. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
So Salty
msg tools
1. Suppose player A knocks over a door and it's a monster he can beat. Player B plays a Monster Enhancer card like Ancient on it and the monster is still defeated. Who draws the cards from the effect of Ancient? Player A or Player B?
2. When can I use cleric's resurrection effect? Is it only when I knock down the door?

I originally had three, but I forgot my last question, I'll ask it later when I remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JEREMY JINKERSON
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome to the Geek, So Salty! Looks like you're new to Munchkin as well. I hope you're enjoying the game so far. As far as posting, I'm rather new myself. Here's the answers to your questions:

1) Player A would get the cards from the Ancient effect.
2) You may use Resurrection *whenever* it is time for you to draw cards face-up. Examples would be when you're kicking down a door or when you're won a combat with help.

Stick around. I'm glad I did.

-Bone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So Salty
msg tools
Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Link
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsup for politeness! Welcome aboard!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So Salty
msg tools
Okay, I remember my other question and I came up with other ones while I was thinking about. I would very much appreciate it if someone answered them.

3. One time, my friend was in combat. I played "Curse! Change Sex" on him to -5 his next combat. However, he objected by saying it would apply to his next combat and not his current combat. When does it actually apply?
4. If Player B plays a curse like "Curse! Lose 1 Big Item" on player A, who gets to choose which item is discarded assuming there are two Big items on player A?
5. When can cards be put sideways? If I could put down cards sideways endlessly, why does charity exist?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manos Giampouras
United Kingdom
Manchester
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SoSalty wrote:
3. One time, my friend was in combat. I played "Curse! Change Sex" on him to -5 his next combat. However, he objected by saying it would apply to his next combat and not his current combat. When does it actually apply?

It applies to the curent combat sinse the first fight after sex-change is that fight
SoSalty wrote:
4. If Player B plays a curse like "Curse! Lose 1 Big Item" on player A, who gets to choose which item is discarded assuming there are two Big items on player A?

The player A chose which item will be discard. BTW You can't have more than one big item "in play" (All Items on the table are "in Play" -normal or turned sideways-,those that you have turned sideways is "carried" and the ones that you have normal are "in use"). Only Dwarfs can have as many big items as they want in play.
SoSalty wrote:
5. When can cards be put sideways? If I could put down cards sideways endlessly, why does charity exist?

You can't put Cards sideways. You can put only Items sideways. By this point the items are consider as "carried". All Items has a value in gold in the right corner or "no value" label. all other cards are not consider items so you can't put them "in play". You can have as many Items as you want exept for "big" items that you can only have one "in play", "carried" or "In use"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
So Salty
msg tools
Once again, thank you.

Ah, I picked big item for the fourth question because it was the first curse I drew up. Let's say player A also has the Drawf race.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Igor Brígido B. Sales
Brazil
Fortaleza
Ceará
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Manos a said, still: The player A chose which item will be discard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.