$10.00
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
I saw a post on the Star Trek DBG page about FLGS getting promo cards, and was curious if anyone had heard what we who have already received the game can do to obtain them from Bandai, or if we have to maneuver the Local Store to get them? Thanks!

Cheers,

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In case you fail with either Bandai and your FLGS:

It's been announced that the first two promos (Picard + Q) will be available in the Geek store starting Jan 30th.

Too lazy to search for the link right now ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer S.
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/755056/geek-store-new-pr...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks, but those are from the original base game, this is the Next Phase promos. I have the first two!

Cheers,

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
Thanks, but those are from the original base game, this is the Next Phase promos. I have the first two!

Cheers,

Jacovis

Sorry ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Bykov
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
Hobby stores can request a league kit containing 3 new promos via the star trek dbg website. bandaicg.com/startrek link is on the right side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
ABykov wrote:
Hobby stores can request a league kit containing 3 new promos via the star trek dbg website. bandaicg.com/startrek link is on the right side.

Thanks Alex,

I guess those of us who don't frequent stores are SOL then?

Cheers,

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps these promos will also be made available in the BGG store at a later point. One can only hope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One option is to start buying games from the FLGS. I know my FLGS offers a 20% discount if you pre-order games with them. The price is still usually a bit higher than Internet sites, but I get to touch it right away and I'm helping keep them in business. To me, it is worth the extra cost. And I don't need to pay for promo cards; I get them free!

This only works when you pre-order. If the game is already out, then discounts are usually not available for newer releases, and promo cards are usually gone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easier said than done for someone living in Japan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jigmelingpa wrote:

The stores don't get the promos in Japan? That seems unfair to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Baraiha wrote:
One option is to start buying games from the FLGS. I know my FLGS offers a 20% discount if you pre-order games with them. The price is still usually a bit higher than Internet sites, but I get to touch it right away and I'm helping keep them in business. To me, it is worth the extra cost. And I don't need to pay for promo cards; I get them free!

This only works when you pre-order. If the game is already out, then discounts are usually not available for newer releases, and promo cards are usually gone!

Believe it or not, there is only one true "boardgame" store (i.e. not a comic book store with 5 boardgames collecting dust in a corner) in Las Vegas. It's out of my way, and mostly caters its playing space to Miniatures and MtG players. It also does not offer any sort of discount like that, nor guarantees for promos. It sounds like you have a great LGS, alas not all of us are so fortunate. I have found an OGS that has given me phenomenal customer service, and I prefer to continue giving them most of my support anyway.

I do purchase a game there about once per year because I appreciate their contribution to the hobby, but financially in my situation as a grad student, purchasing games online makes more sense. Also, I don't utilize their play space, and have no interest in sharing its stuffiness with the odorous pleasure of teenage Magic players. We prefer to play games in the comfort of our homes.

Cheers,

Jacovis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Rooks
Japan
Kobe
Hyogo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baraiha wrote:
jigmelingpa wrote:

This was my original point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jigmelingpa wrote:
Baraiha wrote:
jigmelingpa wrote:

This was my original point.

Sorry about that. I started reading with the last two posts prior to mine. That'll teach me! Good luck getting the promos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
Baraiha wrote:

Believe it or not, there is only one true "boardgame" store (i.e. not a comic book store with 5 boardgames collecting dust in a corner) in Las Vegas. It's out of my way, and mostly caters its playing space to Miniatures and MtG players. It also does not offer any sort of discount like that, nor guarantees for promos. It sounds like you have a great LGS, alas not all of us are so fortunate. I have found an OGS that has given me phenomenal customer service, and I prefer to continue giving them most of my support anyway.

I do purchase a game there about once per year because I appreciate their contribution to the hobby, but financially in my situation as a grad student, purchasing games online makes more sense. Also, I don't utilize their play space, and have no interest in sharing its stuffiness with the odorous pleasure of teenage Magic players. We prefer to play games in the comfort of our homes.

Cheers,

Jacovis

I guess we are spoiled here in San Jose. We have two surviving game stores with excellent selections of all genres of games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
Baraiha wrote:
I guess we are spoiled here in San Jose. We have two surviving game stores with excellent selections of all genres of games.

Well, if your game store will hook me up with decent shipping, and the promos to this game when they come out, tell them they may be able to pick up a client in Las Vegas!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Siebenthall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jacovis wrote:
Baraiha wrote:

Well, if your game store will hook me up with decent shipping, and the promos to this game when they come out, tell them they may be able to pick up a client in Las Vegas!

Here is the information. I do not know if they ship, but give 'em a call!

Good luck!

Game Kastle
(408) 243-4263

(Is it legal to put this on a forum? I don't work for them!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Seigler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
While I certainly understand the frustration of brick-and-mortar promos for those people that don't have the opportunity to frequent a real store, it annoys me when anyone thinks the practice should be changed to fit their particular needs.

Hobby shops are a dying breed. Everyone and their dog is buying games online, because online stores don't have to deal with a storefront, don't have anywhere near the overhead, and thus are cheaper, but then those same people are upset when their LGS closes down and they either no longer have a place to play/meet new players/get that one hard-to-find game for normal price (the worst criminal act in my opinion).

This isn't really intended as a rant against one particular person, because everyone's always got an excuse as to why their situation is unique - I'm just trying to explain why its a good thing that promotions like this still exist here and there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Cassens
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mb
MrDomino wrote:
I'm just trying to explain why its a good thing that promotions like this still exist here and there.

I agree. But a large enough number of games are sold online that I think to ignore that part of your clientele is not exactly the wisest of choices by a game publisher either.

Cheers,

Jacovis
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott VM
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for wanting these available on the BGG Store. $5 for shipping is a lot cheaper than $10 for gas to drive to the FLGS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin DeOlden
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
3D printing available for service at: http://www.3dhubs.com/los-angeles/hubs/martin-chino
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my promos off of Ebay for the Next Phase 3 and the first 2 from the BGG store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.