Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Morris
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Admiral have the ability to choose whether or not to use his power? From our reading of the rules, it appears that he does not, but I wanted to verify this.

If, as I believe, the Admiral has no choice in whether to use his power, why does there even need to be a card? You could just as easily say that the current player rolls for the extra distance. The only thing that assigning the Admiral card to a specific player does is cause that player to be down one die from time to time, and Adama's power isn't strong enough that he needs to start with a limiting factor like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Toxic
United Kingdom
Belper
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there, it's my understanding that the Admiral card is a title card and is the object of competition between the human players and unrevealed cylons. If the Admiral is human he's taking a hit for the team using a dice, but can potentially jump the humans forward 4 spaces. If he's a cylon then he can hold them back to continue damaging galactica. I cylon player would cast aspersions on a human admiral to get him brigged moving the title down the line of succession, hopefully into cylon hands. I'm still making my game so I haven't played yet, but thats the way it works on the board game, and how it appears to work from reading the express rules. Look forward to playing and seeing what other people think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Webster
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you lose the dice you roll for distance. You roll two dice , even if you only have 1 die. You reveal which die you choose but you don't lose any dice. You have the same amount of dice as you did before you rolled for distance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Morris
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played several games, and there was exactly one vote to brig someone, and it was unsuccessful. I can't see brigging the Admiral being a large component of gameplay, but that may just have been the people in my group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Morris
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dnasearchr wrote:
I don't think you lose the dice you roll for distance. You roll two dice , even if you only have 1 die. You reveal which die you choose but you don't lose any dice. You have the same amount of dice as you did before you rolled for distance.

You submit the die, so you lose its use temporarily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Goff
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
It also says you immediately get it back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Morris
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huh...we must have misread that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Huber
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
I recently played a three player game where the guy playing Adm. Adama submitted a -1 die for the jump... four times in a row. We brigged his toaster butt for it. Unfortunately, after the second round of identity cards was dealt it quickly became obvious that he was just unlucky, not a cylon, as the third guy started to act every bit the skin job.
The cylon was then able to brig me before he revealed himself. The humans had unbrigged one of ourselves before we were crushed decisively.
If you need to know why to brig a suspected cylon, remember that they don't use their cylon power when they reveal themselves while brigged. Now read their powers... gulp... now remember that in the four player game a second card is played brigged or no... double gulp.
Humans, brig your cylons. (And cylons tie up the humans by brigging as many of them as you can.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its scary how right after you accuse last player of being a toaster with bad submissions and you roll 4, then 3 dice, all negatives and be accused of same too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.