Popular Tags: [View All]
Justin Robben
United States
Spring Hill
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello!

I need some clarifications as to the multiplayer rules set.
Not the Boss modes, mind you...

I have a couple of friends coming over tonight that I want to showcase this too, but we'll be an odd 3 (in more ways than the number).

The rulebook isn't clear (unless I have missed it; my apologies) as to how to handle a 1vs.1vs.1 free-for-all. We are not currently interested in the 2vs.1 Boss Mode. Maybe we'll get to it at some point, but we all think a chaos version sounds fun...

Here are some of my assumptions; please correct when necessary:

*We all reveal and act in Priority order.

*The highest Priority is the Active player and both others are Reactive playwers.

*If a clash occurs, only those tied place a new Base.

*Many cards refer to "nearest opponent" so your target should be evident in those cases. In other situations where the target isn't specified as such, you can choose your target.

Here are some things I am completely unsure of.

*What are the start positions for 3 players?

*Are ther any characters that are NOT recomended for a 3 player mode like this?

Thanks in advance for any help.
If a chaos, 3 player game just doesn't work, I'll have to sit out and guide them through 2 player matches!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Justin,

While you could theoretically play a 1v1v1 free for all, it's not in the rulebook because it can be a somewhat confusing way to play and we didn't test it much at all (2v2 teams and 2v1 boss are much easier if you can find a fourth or let one player take on the others).

If you really wanted to play this way though, you might try this setup: (X's are starting positions)

OXOOOXO
OOOXOOO

I would recommend staying away from Sagas and Cherri as you play this.

As I mentioned earlier, I've never played a 3-player FFA, so I can't tell you whether it works or if it's any fun. Please let me know though--I am curious how it goes for you.

I would recommend that you at least play one 1v1 match with everyone before diving into multiplayer. The beat structure and basic movement take a while to grasp already, without the added confusion of multiple clashes and switching movement tracks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.