Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At the age of [almost] 66 and only in the hobby for about 3 years,I have come to the conclusion most groups of gamers like to play 'nice nice' and can't take it if they get attacked in a game. I guess that is what happened when the Euro games came into view. Don't get me wrong I love the Euro games. I have a feeling that this is why The Swarm takes a hit
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Jorgensen
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
laugh

I'm sort of the opposite.

I don't mind at all being directly attacked in a game. But the euro-game, passive aggressive, I go here, now you can't do that, really gets under my skin.

I HAVE STICKS!!!! I HAVE SPARE FARMERS!!!!!!!! BUT I CAN"T BUILD A M*&^%R F$@*^?G FENCE BECAUSE THE PLAYER NEXT TO ME IS BUILDING ONE!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Time to go to the claim place

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan Rose

Cincinnati
Ohio
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. In the couple game groups I have attended, there is a lot of love for games that place premium on planning ahead (i.e. control), and an avoidance of direct confrontation and any form of luck (things that may 'mess up' my plan).

Part of this is probably that the game groups are composed of amiable folks who want to 'play', not get screwed. It takes a table of friends to feel joy at watching a compatriot get hosed (as opposed to quiet happiness it wasn't you mixed with the dread that if you take the lead it WILL be you next time).

Is this merely "personal taste"?

I am having trouble getting a gauge of the actual quality of The Swarm because of the bias.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.