Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Monson
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I am looking to obtain a copy of the MMP 2nd edition Solitaire ASL. Anyone have one for sale or trade? Any ideas on how to find one? The only ones that I've seen on E-bay are AH 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
mb
I recently bid on a copy on ebay and lost it because it sold for $397. I ended up buying a first edition and acquiring the 2nd edition charts through nefarious means.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Amoore
South Africa
Benoni
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLNoob wrote:
On a pure cost of goods basis it's worth about fifty bucks max.

ASL and rationality rarely make good bedfellows!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Maria Garcia Barrios
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was the one who bought that copy, but if anyone needs a copy I am making a pdf and upload it on some servers, all inclusive for anyone having to pay that money.

greetings

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan White
United States
Duncanville
Texas
flag msg tools
I wasn't even aware that the game was released!MMP must not have pushed it very hard,because I've tried to keep up with the ASL line. When did it come out? What was in it? How long was it on sale?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spencer Armstrong
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joey Stalin wrote:
I wasn't even aware that the game was released!MMP must not have pushed it very hard,because I've tried to keep up with the ASL line. When did it come out? What was in it? How long was it on sale?

Two editions, 1995 and 2001*. Rules are essentially the same. 1st Edition has only a few nationalities (German, Russian, American IIRC). 2nd Edition adds everybody up through Allied Minors. 1st Edition had 10ish missions, 2nd has 21, including Night, Amphib Landings, etc. 2nd Edition also has a few more counters. Basically, same gun, more ammo. Not sure how long they were around, but like most things, got much more expensive in secondary market. 1st will set you back $60-$100 these days, 2nd $300-$400 (and rising all the time).

S

*This info from Desperation Morale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
Spencer Armstrong wrote:
Not sure how long they were around, but like most things, got much more expensive in secondary market. 1st will set you back $60-$100 these days, 2nd $300-$400 (and rising all the time).

DAMN!! For $300-$400 I'd play you on Vasl and let you win EVERY GAME!!

That's about 1/2 to 1/3 the cost of the ENTIRE ASL FAMILY!!!

No one said ASL players were Economics majors!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan White
United States
Duncanville
Texas
flag msg tools
Sounds reasonable to me! I'm amazed that I missed that product-I thought that I'd kept a fairly keen eye on ASL junk but I completely missed that.Just for laughs I might run it by my wife as a "must have." "Only four hundred bucks, honey. My collection's incomplete without it!" Luckily I bought AOO already. Hey, anyone want to trade "Partisan!" for the 2nd Solitare ASL?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan White
United States
Duncanville
Texas
flag msg tools
Uh, Stephen...It might be worth $400 bucks to ME to beat someone at ASL for a change. Do you live near Dallas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.