Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case some people missed it, Lautapelit.fi has stated that the Supernova expansion will be reprinted with the 2nd printing of the base game....(so no need to reward the scalpers by paying crazy $$)

Here are the statements:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8378126#8378126
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8377518#8377518
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/8377476#8377476
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
So, this info coming out now kind of screws the people that currently have the base game and no supernova, since some people frantically bought supernova without the base game. blush

Ah well. Maybe some good-faith exchanges can be made by non-base-game-having BGG'ers to sell their supernovas for a MODERATE profit to other BGG'ers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Чебурашка, ты настоящий друг!
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParticleMan wrote:
So, this info coming out now kind of screws the people that currently have the base game and no supernova, since some people frantically bought supernova without the base game. :blush:

Ah well. Maybe some good-faith exchanges can be made by non-base-game-having BGG'ers to sell their supernovas for a MODERATE profit to other BGG'ers.

I understand that they are being reprinted at the same time. But I'm not sure that if you buy the reprint of the game, you get the supernova expansion was well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParticleMan wrote:
So, this info coming out now kind of screws the people that currently have the base game and no supernova, since some people frantically bought supernova without the base game. blush

I don't really know the circumstances, but it may be that the demand/chaos from yesterday is what spurred the decision to have them reprinted. So possibly, there wasn't anything to announce beforehand (because I see exactly what you're saying).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Salo sila wrote:
ParticleMan wrote:

I understand that they are being reprinted at the same time. But I'm not sure that if you buy the reprint of the game, you get the supernova expansion was well.

No, but I think he's pointing out that those getting the reprint will have a chance to get Supernova later when they can actually use it.

I don't think it'll be included either, but hopefully the Supernova reprint will be large enough that it last on bgg more than an hour..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V. Romero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ParticleMan wrote:

Well, that's sort of a relief. I bought one yesterday with the intent of getting the base game with the reprint. I was going to wait, but with all the hooplah surrounding the promo release, I decided to get one now and wait for the game to come out. Thing is, I feel slightly guilty 'cause that PayPal money was supposed to go to something else, so now I'm wondering what else I can sell to compensate.

If someone would like to buy the Supernova promo from me when I receive it since it's being reprinted, and I can buy it later, I can sell it for $7.50, but with additional shipping costs.

Addendum: Someone wisely reminded me that I may not be able to purchase another Eclipse Supernova promo in the future through BGG because they cancel second purchases, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to rescind my offer to sell it.
I know, I know: I don't have the base game, so why am I holding out an expansion for a game I don't already own. I DO plan to buy it, and first print owners only have a 3-month head start. By the time the 10th anniversary edition of Eclipse comes out, three months isn't that long of time.

I'm terribly sorry, and hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No company is crazy enough as not to reprint a game (and expansion) that sells like hot cakes!

Relax and wait for the reprint, enjoying your other games until then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IMO, it should come with all boxes, no rare, pre order, or whatever.
I hate rare stuff.

p.s.: I already have eclipse and the supernova expansion, just hate when others cant get it because they were not compulsivelly hitting refresh on forums or something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I dislike promos/rare stuff also, but I don't think that necessarily means it should automatically just come with the base game. As a readily available mini-expansion, I think that solution is just as acceptable to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
No company is crazy enough as not to reprint a game (and expansion) that sells like hot cakes!

Space Hulk
Warhammer Quest
Car Wars Compendium (was finally released as PDF after way too long)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
GeoMan wrote:

Space Hulk
Warhammer Quest
Car Wars Compendium (was finally released as PDF after way too long)

I should write "No new company..."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Broglia
Italy
Torino
ITALY
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
> Dear Lautapelit.fi
>
> I've buy a copy of your Eclipse boardgame
> please, send me notice if the
> supernova expansion is still available
> and how can I buy it
>
> Best Regards
> Marco

Hello Marco,

Sorry we are out of print, but new print will come on May.

kindly

Linda
Lautapelit.fi

so we just have to wait may ! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul M
United States
Elkhart
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a Supernova from BGG. I do not have the base game. When I get my Supernova I will be happy to sell it in the Marketplace. ($10 or so sounds about right.) Then I can pick up Supernova when I get Eclipse when they are reprinted, and one of you people who owns Eclipse but not Supernova can have some fun. My Supernova would collect dust for 3 months.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
V. Romero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ipgyst wrote:
I bought a Supernova from BGG. I do not have the base game. When I get my Supernova I will be happy to sell it in the Marketplace. ($10 or so sounds about right.) Then I can pick up Supernova when I get Eclipse when they are reprinted, and one of you people who owns Eclipse but not Supernova can have some fun. My Supernova would collect dust for 3 months.

I thought the same, but read my post from above:
Addendum: Someone wisely reminded me that I may not be able to purchase another Eclipse Supernova promo in the future through BGG because they cancel second purchases, so I'm afraid I'm going to have to rescind my offer to sell it.
I know, I know: I don't have the base game, so why am I holding out an expansion for a game I don't already own. I DO plan to buy it, and first print owners only have a 3-month head start. By the time the 10th anniversary edition of Eclipse comes out, three months isn't that long of time.

I'm terribly sorry, and hope I didn't get anyone's hopes up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate
United States
Essex Junction
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The expansion isn't worth more than 5$ IMO.

It's two more tiles and a missile upgrade. I don't feel the tiles improve the game. They add too much of a luck swing for me. You can make the missile upgrade yourself with the extra discovery tile included with the base game.

Full boxed expansions typically cost around 20$ and have way more content.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Paella
United States
East Aurora
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I missed the first run of Supernova, but I was able to get an extra "Lord of Waterdeep" promo card from DDXP that I'd like to trade for the Supernova expansion! LoW is a great game btw. meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francesco Turri
Switzerland
Neuchâtel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is indeed good news!

Bought the game one week ago and played last night for the first time! And it makes me want the promo even more!

And yeah. Promos are an annoyance for collectors...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian giese
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as someone that doesnt come to this website more then once every couple weeks, and has a copy of eclipse. I really want to pick this expansion, but if its so limited, it sells out in minutes again, I dont know if I'll manage. It be nice if they sold copies to Local games stores, as i try to spend most of my money locally...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.