Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
PO
Australia
Strathfield
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a fan of Rory's Story Cubes & love to get them out by myself & with my kids.

Taking a look at the Action cubes; the images are ok, but the actions being performed are not always clear. It is not uncommon for players to have to pick up the cubes & reposition them to get a better idea of what the actions are.

The images are in blue to enable them to be separated back into their set once all stories have been told.

As far as game play goes, there are many different ways to use the cubes. They can be played by themselves or add two or three to the initial set.

When I play the cubes with my kids, I get them to roll all the cubes & pick 9 that they want to use for their story.

As I've said, the images are not always clear, but my kids still enjoy giving them a go.

If you were only going to buy one set of cubes, I'd go with the original set. If you wanted a second set, I'd go with the Voyages set. If you're a completist or just like more options, give the Action cubes a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.