Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Casinghino
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
Alright, I think I'm going to call it for the night. I guess it'll just have to be a "pbem" instance of AF. The interface is a little weird but I think I makes a fair bit of sense, but they need a public lobby, better game feed, and an in-game live chat.

Yes, a live chat, a list of players and a way to see past moves would make this a lot more usable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peeps...Please remember, this is a BETA. There are going to be things that are broken or wonky or yet to be added. That's what a BETA is all about.

There's a feedback tab floating on the right side of the main page after you log in and you can email them directly at help@mirthworks.com

Please be polite and feel free to comment here as well, Mirthworks is a BGG member so they will see these posts as well.

Your help will make the game get better and better.

Thanks!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hansen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks. Thanks for your comments. I will get to them with more details soon. So far most of my energies have been with the in-site issue tracker. I did not want to spam BGG too much with our beta issues.

And no worries about being harsh. Some of the stuff is wonky, but it will get resolved soon.

Thanks,
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do we go to report bugs? So far I've noticed that if you take an alien card from another player it says
Quote:

Game: Tegre raids %resource from [object Player].

My guess is the non-resource side is implemented, hence this message.

Also, we've discovered that when stealing, if you accidentally click on the resources, you can't Undo that decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherjo on mirthworks

I'd love an invite.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hansen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me address a few points from the posts above.

1) You can track the bugs from the feedback section on the right of the page when you log in. I believe all of the ones mentioned in this thread have already been raised there. You can also vote them up. We will tackle the high one first.

2) Currently there is no "acceptance" to start a game. That is a beta issue not a long term approach.

3) The colonist hub track alignment was intentional to be forward compatible. If folks really do not like that we can certainly change it.

4) Our AF game is not Async or Realtime, it is both. If you are connected it tells you it is your turn. If you are not online you get an e-mail and take your turn when you can. We will beef this up a lot over time and include things like having the AI swoop in and take a turn if it has been too long. And no, AI is not there yet.

5) (edit) Forgot about chat. We thought about holding up the beta until chat was in but decided against it. It is definitely on the short list.

For now, if you get stuck taking your turn you can refresh the page and the game will reset your turn. The stability for that point will continue to improve.

Thanks for everyone who is playing and commenting. All feedback is great.

-Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Hall
United Kingdom
Yate
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in as Dreadfuzzy, however I'm away for a long weekend this weekend so no beta testing for me until next week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
André Nordstrand
Norway
Stavanger
Rogaland
flag msg tools
Brettspillvideoer - på norsk!
mbmbmbmbmb
Takras is ready

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
László Stadler
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately there is no option to play against myself. That would make testing easier.

Is it really flash based? That is a really ancient solution then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmreed wrote:
Are you kidding me?

Requires Adobe Flash... thumbsdown

So I can only play this at my pc, not on my iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, PS3...

Excitement just dropped from a 10 to a 1 for me.

WMReed

I think Apple is to blame for this one, not Mirthworks.

I'll try it out on my BlackBerry PlayBook once I can figure out how to start a game and then I'll get back to you.

Someone needs to try it on an Android device.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hansen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stadi wrote:
Unfortunately there is no option to play against myself. That would make testing easier.

Is it really flash based? That is a really ancient solution then

AI will be delivered soon. It is very far along.

As for the choice of Flash I assure you it was not a flippant decision. We only have license for the Web based version and our goal is to maximize the reach and user experience. Today, I still like Flash for that choice. In 6 months that may change and our implementations will follow suit.

For those not aware of the plethora of options, check out this good article:

http://goo.gl/dyKDu

Thanks for the feedback. It is always welcome.

-Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brotherjo wrote:
brotherjo on mirthworks

I'd love an invite.

Invite send,

takras wrote:
Takras is ready

Invite send we are in a 3-er game now those are the best!!?

My name is SixteenFtPauly there...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to try this. Feel free to invite me. (blind reality)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Weinstein
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cole Wehrle wrote:
I dunno if we're going to hear back from Filadin, this game might be dead in the water.

Sorry. The flash thing was a surprise. I am on a computer now, but cant see any way to take my turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Weinstein
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started another game, and I still don't see my ships (dice) or any buttons or menus. I am running Chome on OSX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
filadin wrote:
I started another game, and I still don't see my ships (dice) or any buttons or menus. I am running Chome on OSX.

I see the game and it looks fine at my end. Waiting for you to take your turn.

Firefox on Vista

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So far, I give this beta a score of 0 for the simple fact that i can't start a game without specifying an email or user name.

Considering there is no list of registered users on the site, this becomes a non-starter. We shouldn't have to rely a 3rd party site such as BGG forums to find players.

You HAVE to let us start games with an open invitation or at the very least, show us a list of registered users so we can randomly select some (not a great solution) to add to the list when we try to start a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Weinstein
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Blind Reality wrote:
filadin wrote:

I see the game and it looks fine at my end. Waiting for you to take your turn.

Firefox on Vista

Sorry, but I had to cancel it. I cannot get this to run properly in any browser in OSX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
filadin wrote:

ditto...chose some random names from the Kickstarter forums to start a game with (not a good experience, imo). I see the board and read click on items to read descriptions, but I don't see my dice or any button or menus and can't do anything.

Running XP and Firefox 9.0.1

***Edit - Same issue with IE8

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Brant
Canada
Stittsville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
wmreed wrote:
Are you kidding me?

Requires Adobe Flash... thumbsdown

So I can only play this at my pc, not on my iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, PS3...

Excitement just dropped from a 10 to a 1 for me.

WMReed

I think Apple is to blame for this one, not Mirthworks.

I'll try it out on my BlackBerry PlayBook once I can figure out how to start a game and then I'll get back to you.

Someone needs to try it on an Android device.

It loads fine on my Playbook, but has the same issues I'm having with it on my PC with Firefox and IE, which is, no dice or buttons and unusable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Richardson
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Put richtoosoon on your invite list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Weinstein
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerAtom wrote:
filadin wrote:

ditto...chose some random names from the Kickstarter forums to start a game with (not a good experience, imo). I see the board and read click on items to read descriptions, but I don't see my dice or any button or menus and can't do anything.

These are the same issues that I am having in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari on OSX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Miller
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
filadin wrote:
GamerAtom wrote:
filadin wrote:

These are the same issues that I am having in Firefox, Chrome, and Safari on OSX.

It worked well for me last night but I am having this issue as well now. I am running 9.0.1 on OSX 10.7.2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Christiansen
United States
Mount Pleasant
Michigan
flag msg tools
OOK! OOK! OOK!
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed a problem on my first turn: If you reload the page you get to re-roll the dice. That is, it allows one to cheat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Beasi
United States
Easthampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone who started a game with me, currently none of them are working for me. All of my games say that no one has moved yet and when I load them, there's nothing there.

My ID there is the same as here: seqiro

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.