Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Hansen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
edroz wrote:
Incorrect placement of dice at Shipyard:

When I started my turn green had a single 1 die at the shipyard. I placed two dice (blue) and they were placed as seen in the picture above.

Game: f2b80f8132

Thanks for the screen shot. We saw this bug come up on occasion pre-beta. It looks like it is back. We will dive in.

Thanks,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How can you tell which of your opponents ships is the relic die?

I'm in a game right now where it matters whether my opponent terraformed that die or a different one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanish wrote:

I'm in a game right now where it matters whether my opponent terraformed that die or a different one.

The relic die is clear. I believe there are still some issues with the relic die disappearing after it's placed (which I think is the problem in the shipyard example above).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Vanish wrote:

The relic die is clear. I believe there are still some issues with the relic die disappearing after it's placed (which I think is the problem in the shipyard example above).

Yeah ... one of my opponents has had Burroughs the whole game and I've never seen the clear die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
A few problems with the Beta.

1) I have 3 pages of Active Games, and 2 pages of Inactive Games. However, when I view the Inactive Games and click on the link for page 2, it switches to page 2 of the Active Games, and then I have to click on Inactive Games again to get the correct second page listing.

2) Why are completed games still showing up in my Active Games? I have won both f298640132, and f28b9fd132 five and two days ago respectively, but they are still showing up as Active Games.

3) Why are the Active Games not sorted with the ones where it's my turn to act showing up first?

4) What is the actual distinction between Active and Inactive Games, given that it can be my turn in an Inactive Game, and we can go back and forth for a few turns, but it still sits in my Inactive Games queue, why?

5) When a game is won by another player, I get no notification, and it is listed as being that player's turn, when in fact the game's over. There should be a Completed Games tab.

6) Please give us the option to turn off the e-mail notifications!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McIntosh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I'm just another person begging for an invite - qqzm on Mirthworks.

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hansen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yokiboy wrote:
A few problems with the Beta.

1) I have 3 pages of Active Games, and 2 pages of Inactive Games. However, when I view the Inactive Games and click on the link for page 2, it switches to page 2 of the Active Games, and then I have to click on Inactive Games again to get the correct second page listing.

2) Why are completed games still showing up in my Active Games? I have won both f298640132, and f28b9fd132 five and two days ago respectively, but they are still showing up as Active Games.

3) Why are the Active Games not sorted with the ones where it's my turn to act showing up first?

4) What is the actual distinction between Active and Inactive Games, given that it can be my turn in an Inactive Game, and we can go back and forth for a few turns, but it still sits in my Inactive Games queue, why?

5) When a game is won by another player, I get no notification, and it is listed as being that player's turn, when in fact the game's over. There should be a Completed Games tab.

6) Please give us the option to turn off the e-mail notifications!

Thanks for the feedback.

Cleaning up the Active/Inactive screens is work in progress right now. We hope to have something out for that very soon. I think this will address your questions/concerns listed in 1- 5.

I will add the e-mail disabling to the list.

Thanks for playing,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qqzm wrote:

I'm just another person begging for an invite - qqzm on Mirthworks.

Thanks in advance

Feel free to invite me to a game!

I'm quite enjoying this. I get to play one of my favorite games without hearing I've got a case of AP! Once I got past the initial confusion about getting a game started the experience is pretty good.

I did just find another bug though. You can reset your dice by refreshing (good to be able to undo, bad implementation). However, you should NOT be able to undo cycling alien tech cards. I legitimately took the wrong card last time, but I already knew which cards would be cycled after refreshing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanish wrote:
I did just find another bug though. You can reset your dice by refreshing (good to be able to undo, bad implementation). However, you should NOT be able to undo cycling alien tech cards. I legitimately took the wrong card last time, but I already knew which cards would be cycled after refreshing.

Yeah, this is a legitimate issue. I think refreshing to redo the turn is just a temporary fix until they put in a "redo" button, but something will have to be done about things that can't be undone. Cycling alien tech and rerolling your dice (I forget which card does that... Temporal Warper?), probably need to create new "checkpoints" in the turn, so you can't undo anything in your turn previous to those things. Maybe there needs to be a confirmation box (preferably disable-able) that says "you won't be able to undo anything you've done so far this turn".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hansen
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arkayn wrote:
Vanish wrote:

Yeah, this is a legitimate issue. I think refreshing to redo the turn is just a temporary fix until they put in a "redo" button, but something will have to be done about things that can't be undone. Cycling alien tech and rerolling your dice (I forget which card does that... Temporal Warper?), probably need to create new "checkpoints" in the turn, so you can't undo anything in your turn previous to those things. Maybe there needs to be a confirmation box (preferably disable-able) that says "you won't be able to undo anything you've done so far this turn".

Chris nailed our strategy. The "state" of the game and the turn is stored on the server. Initially the die rolls were not, now they are which is what fixed the refresh == reroll issue. The other random events need to be stored server-side as well. Once they are we will be able to lock them down. It is on the list to address soon-ish.

Thanks,
Mike
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Meston
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Invite me to a three- or four-player game, anyone? Please? (No more two-player games... they're nowhere near as fun.) My username is zmeston

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mirthworks wrote:
Once they are we will be able to lock them down. It is on the list to address soon-ish.

Way less important than matchmaking and in-game chat... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McIntosh
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vanish wrote:

Feel free to invite me to a game!

I'm quite enjoying this. I get to play one of my favorite games without hearing I've got a case of AP! Once I got past the initial confusion about getting a game started the experience is pretty good.

Ah, sorry. I thought the invites people were talking about were invites to the beta. I have now received an email telling me to take my turn in a game, but when I try to login to the site I still get told I haven't been invited yet.
So apologies to whoever has started a game with me, but I'm unable to take my turn so the game is going to be stuck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
qqzm wrote:
Ah, sorry. I thought the invites people were talking about were invites to the beta. I have now received an email telling me to take my turn in a game, but when I try to login to the site I still get told I haven't been invited yet.
So apologies to whoever has started a game with me, but I'm unable to take my turn so the game is going to be stuck.

Ah yes. Early in the beta, it was possible to register an account without a beta invite and then if someone else started a game with you, it let you play that game. I think they closed that loophole, which is too bad - I would think the more people they have testing, the better.

I'll cancel that game I started with you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sockpuppet; I like to get more 3/4 player games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian laing
United States
san carlos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am arpst0rm send me an invite to play a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piotr Burzykowski
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
locworks looking for more games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Albertsen
United States
Onalaska
WI
flag msg tools
Always stomped, never the stomper...
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone invite me to this please?

My mirthworks name is aealbee

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Tullsen
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Quality Print on Demand Games & Prototypes
badge
mbmbmb
Howitzer 120mm just invited you three to a game!

Not looking for more games right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoki Erdtman
Sweden
Södertälje
flag msg tools
Handsome devil huh?
mbmbmbmbmb
Feel free to invite me, Yokiboy, to more games as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Smith
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Out of active games as well, feel free to invite me
username c0yote

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Rutten
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
the spunk plus the bomb plus the pump plus the torture instrument times frankie equalling the bang is an exclusive piece of ZTT exploitation
badge
You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. (mj)
mbmbmbmbmb
I just invited some people to a few games.

Feel free to invite me to more. Username: blind reality

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Feature request:

I have a couple games that seemed to have stalled. I'm not sure if the active player missed the "it's you turn" email or has given up. So, it seems like there should be an easy way to send a reminder to the active player. It would be nice if it was automatic (say after 3 days or so) but there could also be a button on the Active Games page that is displayed/enabled if the game has had no moves in X days. In that case, the button should be disabled after one player has sent the reminder (don't want to spam the active player).

As it is now, I have games that have had no moves in over a week and I'm guessing they are dead with no way to remind the active player.

As a second request: Please hurry with the fixes to correct the active/inactive/completed games display. Having several completed games on the "Active" page with no indicator that they are complete is confusing. If you aren't going to have a "Completed games" tab, at a bare minimum you need to display "Complete" or something in the "Last Move" column so the end user can easily tell which games are done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Note to other players: Please no more invites as I am not looking for any additional games at this time. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Berger
United States
Volo
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got a bunch of dead games and would like to have some action: estyles.

I'd almost given up on beta testing until there's matchmaking (haven't started a game or had a move to make in a week or two now), so hopefully that's something that they're working on soon... Even something simple like an input box that lets the user put in a message and a read-only text box that shows the last N messages input... i.e. the world's simplest chat room.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  4 , 5 , 6 , 7 , 8  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.