Thunderstone: Werewolf Promo Pack» Forums » General

Subject: Splitting up this game entry? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
G. G.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It has been discussed before, but AEG never really referred to these Promo cards as Promo Pack #3. The AEG shop listed them as "Thunderstone Werewolf Promo Pack" and "Thunderstone Vicious Promo Pack".
Just for continuity sake, shouldn't this be renamed/changed in the BGG database? Maybe one of the AEG folks roaming around these parts of the internet, can shed some light on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
Cape Coral
Florida
flag msg tools
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
badge
More Games Need ORANGE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
Export your BGG collection into a PDF document on bgg2pdf.com
badge
Export your BGG collection into a PDF document on bgg2pdf.com
mbmbmbmbmb
shacky22 wrote:
I agree.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm all for it as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
I need to get me one of those cool overtext things.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's quite possible that someone will have the either of the werewolf or the 3-card promo pack, but not both. So, if individual promo packs are being listed separately, these two should be listed separately as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
Melting souls with cuteness since 2007
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to the idea.

But there needs to be even more clean-up in the promos of Thunderstone. The promos are a mess right now... The vision, the Haruli, the promo pack #1, 2, 3, the clan all mixed up with extensions and base games.

It's becoming harder to know what's what.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gassett
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's becoming harder to know how many games I actually have now, with all these expansions and promos listed as separate "games" by BGG. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocryphile wrote:
It's becoming harder to know how many games I actually have now, with all these expansions and promos listed as separate "games" by BGG. cool

Ya think?

BattleTech alone is responsible for about ¾ of my collection on BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
Cape Coral
Florida
flag msg tools
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
badge
More Games Need ORANGE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe promos for games should be one entry? Like what Munckin did?

Munchkin Promo Cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Promo 3 can technically still exist, but there should be 2 distinct entries for werewolves and vicious promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Larouche
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
Lovin' N-16
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
Promo 3 can technically still exist, but there should be 2 distinct entries for werewolves and vicious promos.

Nope... not IMO.

I'd go for the suggestion about the Munckin way of doing thing. Shove all the promos in the same entry.

When you do a "Thunderstone" search, you get tons of results, half of which are promos... It's a mess.

It would be much more clean to have a single entry for each "major" expansion and a single one for the promos, that they seem to give without any real organization behind at some random events around the world.

Heck if it was just me, i'd keep only the entries for the base games on BGG and the expansions info would only accessible from the main entry and not a a separate entity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Apocryphile wrote:

This has always been an issue for me which is why I prefer to put links to the expansions in my comment for the main game rather than marking each expansion as owned:

Just a matter of personal preference. I want BGG to keep separate entries in the database but I don't want expansions as a separate entry in my owned list. Links in the comments allows me to have that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deedob wrote:

Nope... not IMO.

I'd go for the suggestion about the Munckin way of doing thing. Shove all the promos in the same entry.

When you do a "Thunderstone" search, you get tons of results, half of which are promos... It's a mess.

It would be much more clean to have a single entry for each "major" expansion and a single one for the promos, that they seem to give without any real organization behind at some random events around the world.

Heck if it was just me, i'd keep only the entries for the base games on BGG and the expansions info would only accessible from the main entry and not a a separate entity.

In an ideal scenario this is a good idea but if this isn't going to happen, the newer Vicious and Werewolves really should be distinct.

Thing is, how can this be handled? Is there a person to talk to about this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
anyone can propose a new vicious pack. in fact, i'll do it right now.

and the description for promo pack 3 can be updated to say it's just werewolves.

would that do it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose that's fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
"Thunderstone Vicious Promo" submitted. Anyone can hit the "corrections" link in the top right of the Thunderstone Promo 3 page if they'd like to suggest it be changed to Werewolves Promo, or what have you (I would, but I'm not sure what's wrong with the description or the title, as I'm late to the party )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aaaaand... approved. http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameexpansion/119740/thunderst...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
Mage Tools
mbmbmb
rahdo wrote:
cool, thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.