Subject: Is this OOP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Geneva
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does anyone know if this game is out of print or where I can find it. Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Miracle
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are still available on Amazon and game salute.

http://shop.gamesalute.com/products/alien-frontiers

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3D...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Johnsbråten
Norway
Notodden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's what's called "out of stock at the publisher". Meaning that the publisher doesn't have any more to distribute, but new reprints are coming. Also, you might be lucky to find a copy at a FLGS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The distributor(Game Salute) that Clever Mojo used does not distribute to online-only retailers. Retailers must have a physical storefront to be able to get the game. The seller on Amazon has a physical store, so they were able to get the game. The other link that was given is the distributor themselves.
The intent was to actually get the game on a shelf where people who don't frequent BGG would have a chance to see it and hopefully buy it. The first 2 printings ran out too fast for that to happen. Not really sure how well that has worked out since none of the FLGS's in my area have ever dealt with Game Salute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Alien Frontiers is definitely NOT out of print. Our fulfillment center warehouse has plenty in stock for stores and gamers. If you need to buy it online then you can get it at our Game Salute shop http://shop.gamesalute.com/collections/clever-mojo-games

The link above for Amazon shows a second printing box (no mind control helmet card and no scoring rockets) so if you use that, be sure to ask the seller which version you're getting. Third printing has the card and rockets and a badge on the box saying so.

If your FLGS has never heard of Game Salute then ask them to order through ADC in the USA or Lion Rampant in Canada. Both of those game distributors have relationships with Game Salute and can get Alien Frontiers out to their store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vasher wrote:
Not really sure how well that has worked out since none of the FLGS's in my area have ever dealt with Game Salute.

Well, judging from the all caps NOT from Vasher, they must not be selling as quickly as the first two runs. I know that if it had been available at my OLGS I would have bought it. I'm just not willing to pay $50 plus shipping to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't find this anywhere either. I usually buy from Amazon or eBay as to avoid shipping and tax fees. Why isn't Amazon selling this game? The only listings I see on there is some store trying to sell the game at what seems like an inflated price AND is charging some ridiculous price for shipping the game. No thanks, I'll just have to pass on this game altogether.

It stumps me why game companies wouldn't have their games listed and for sale by Amazon. But I'm finding that most game companies haven't figured this out yet.

I've had some people on the Geek refer me to other online game store websites and state with confidence that "The prices are better than Amazon or eBay." In reality, they are only fooling themselves as they are forgetting to take into account the shipping and tax fees. Amazon is cheaper than anyone else 90% of the time IF it is not through one of the secondary Amazon stores. Why are game distributors choosing to screw themselves out of sales by not having this listed on and for sale by Amazon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
coolstuffinc has free shipping at $100 compared to amazon's lower bar of $25, but CSI prices on games BLOW AWAY amazons, and the selection is better. seriously. im not fooling myself, im positive.

but CSI dont have Alien Frontiers anymore, through no fault of theirs. Clever Mojo chose to work with GameSalute as the exclusive online distributor for this batch of releases, so go to their site if you want the game. its MSRP there. i do agree it seems VERY ODD that CleverMojo cut out all the OLGS for this printing, as many geeks here use them as their primary game store, but that was their decision. this is a main reason you dont find the game discounted off MSRP currently.

i think Amazon could have a listing if one of their merchants has a brick and mortar presence to procure copies from Game Salute and then lists their copies of AF via Amazon, and other brick and mortar stores may have copies. other than that, i think game salute is the only way to get a copy currently.

its a great game and one of my faves, for what its worth...Your loss if you are going to be surly about dealing with Amazon or noone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought this on amazon just three weeks ago, sold by game daze. Unfortunately I had to pay $5 shipping for this, which I hate. I try to never pay shipping. But I will say I ordered on a Tuesday afternoon and it was here on Friday. I usually don't pay so much for a game but it was worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StephenM wrote:
I bought this on amazon just three weeks ago, sold by game daze. Unfortunately I had to pay $5 shipping for this, which I hate. I try to never pay shipping. But I will say I ordered on a Tuesday afternoon and it was here on Friday. I usually don't pay so much for a game but it was worth it.
How much did you pay total for the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:

$61.93, that includes shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Anderson
United States
State College
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
but CSI dont have Alien Frontiers anymore, through no fault of theirs. Clever Mojo chose to work with GameSalute as the exclusive online distributor for this batch of releases, so go to their site if you want the game. its MSRP there. i do agree it seems VERY ODD that CleverMojo cut out all the OLGS for this printing, as many geeks here use them as their primary game store, but that was their decision. this is a main reason you dont find the game discounted off MSRP currently.

I'm very curious to know if this marketing plan worked out! I don't think it did, but that's because from my end I won't buy the game for $50+ and there doesn't seem like there will be a 4th printing until GameSalute sells all of theirs. Frankly, the longer that takes, the less likely I am to buy the game. That's a shame, but that's the way it is for me, and I bet I'm not the only one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davethevenerable wrote:
flamejuggler wrote:

I'm very curious to know if this marketing plan worked out! I don't think it did, but that's because from my end I won't buy the game for $50+ and there doesn't seem like there will be a 4th printing until GameSalute sells all of theirs. Frankly, the longer that takes, the less likely I am to buy the game. That's a shame, but that's the way it is for me, and I bet I'm not the only one.
That pretty much sums up how I feel. Bad marketing decision on their part.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StephenM wrote:
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:

See that's what I mean. If Amazon was fulfilling orders for this game, AF would cost $55 at the MOST. And that's the final price: no tax and free shipping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that I paid a lot for this game. The thing for me was I KNEW my wife would love it. She loves Kingsburg and even likes yatzee. She just loves different ways to use dice. I figure as long as we play it then it is worth the price.

I don't know how much it matters but it also came with the mind control helmet (I think that is what it s called). We have only played twice so I am not sure what is special about that yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Nguyen
United States
Wallingford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
StephenM wrote:
I don't know how much it matters but it also came with the mind control helmet (I think that is what it s called). We have only played twice so I am not sure what is special about that yet.

good to know. The Mind Control Helmet was a promo item, I think you got it via kickstarter and could buy it separately via online or the BGG store. What's special is they're now including it in the base game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Minkoff
United States
Mansfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Don't you have better things to do?
badge
Should you be reading this?
mbmbmbmbmb
CoolStuff has a B&M, two actually, in Florida. I don't know why they wouldn't restock, unless it was because they refuse to deal with Game Salute.

flamejuggler wrote:
coolstuffinc has free shipping at $100 compared to amazon's lower bar of $25, but CSI prices on games BLOW AWAY amazons, and the selection is better. seriously. im not fooling myself, im positive.

i think Amazon could have a listing if one of their merchants has a brick and mortar presence to procure copies from Game Salute and then lists their copies of AF via Amazon, and other brick and mortar stores may have copies. other than that, i think game salute is the only way to get a copy currently.

its a great game and one of my faves, for what its worth...Your loss if you are going to be surly about dealing with Amazon or noone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd M
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New listing on E-bay this morning.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekbay/link/180813789825/8375130

You can buy it now, shipping included, for $49.19.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:

See that's what I mean. If Amazon was fulfilling orders for this game, AF would cost $55 at the MOST. And that's the final price: no tax and free shipping.

You can not really use AF as an example for your shop Amazon slant since AF is only being distributed to companies that have a brick and mortar store, which Amazon does not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zephaus wrote:
New listing on E-bay this morning.

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekbay/link/180813789825/8375130

You can buy it now, shipping included, for $49.19.
I think that price is dependent on where you live because it says the price is $39.99 + $15.00 shipping for me. Still, that seems to be the best deal I've seen yet for AF.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy McKinney
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:

Not everyone gets no tax from Amazon. Several states have warehouses, which can cause tax to be added. As a benefit though, I generally get my 2 day shipments in 1 day from up to about 3 different warehouses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saberj wrote:
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:

Not everyone gets no tax from Amazon. Several states have warehouses, which can cause tax to be added. As a benefit though, I generally get my 2 day shipments in 1 day from up to about 3 different warehouses.

That's strange. I live about 30 miles from an Amazon warehouse and I still don't get charged tax. I guess it depends on where you live or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy McKinney
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DakotaDevil wrote:
Saberj wrote:
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:
DakotaDevil wrote:
StephenM wrote:

That's strange. I live about 30 miles from an Amazon warehouse and I still don't get charged tax. I guess it depends on where you live or something.

Possibly. It might be up to the state to determine if a warehouse counts. Kentucky charges taxes, but they haven't always, even the whole time we had the warehouse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Reno
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I'm putting in an order for board games this weekend after a lot of debate and research. Alien Frontiers was among the top games that I was going to order, but since I can't find it on any website (to combine with other orders for free shipping), I'm afraid that AF has lost a sale. It still blows my mind that the only place I can buy this is the developer's website, on eBay for nearly $80, or Amazon (third party stores) for $80. As far as I'm concerned, this game IS out of print and I will have to wait until the next printing to purchase. Hopefully by then, they will have realized the mistake they made.

I'm ordering from coolstuffinc.com. Free shipping for orders over $100. AF would have easily made the cut, but the game isn't for sale on the site. Mind blowing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McQ
United States
Mechanicsburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I don't want happiness by halves, nor is half of sorrow what I want. Yet there's a pillow I would share, where gently pressed against a cheek like a helpless star, a falling star, a ring glimmers on the finger of a hand.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I'm pretty much in the same boat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.