Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Elliot Wilen
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is basically an interface bug.

I just got my first order through BGG and I needed to confirm it and send a shipping quote to the buyer. One element of this process was more confusing than it should have been.

In the confirmation page, there's an unchecked checkbox with the label "Not Paid" next to it. In conventional usage, checking a checkbox is supposed to indicate that the text next to it is "true", while having it unchecked indicates the label is "false". The default condition therefore denotes "not 'not paid'", i.e., "paid". If I check this box, intending to indicate that the item hasn't yet been paid for, the label changes to "Paid".

The checkbox should either have the label "Paid" next to it, with a check indicating that payment has been received (and the label should never change), or it should be converted into a popup menu allowing the user to select from the two options "Paid" and "Not Paid".

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wade Hyett
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Watching
mbmbmbmbmb
ewilen wrote:

I just got my first order through BGG and I needed to confirm it and send a shipping quote to the buyer. One element of this process was more confusing than it should have been.

In the confirmation page, there's an unchecked checkbox with the label "Not Paid" next to it. In conventional usage, checking a checkbox is supposed to indicate that the text next to it is "true", while having it unchecked indicates the label is "false". The default condition therefore denotes "not 'not paid'", i.e., "paid". If I check this box, intending to indicate that the item hasn't yet been paid for, the label changes to "Paid".

The checkbox should either have the label "Paid" next to it, with a check indicating that payment has been received (and the label should never change), or it should be converted into a popup menu allowing the user to select from the two options "Paid" and "Not Paid".

Thanks.

I have noticed this too but, unlike yourself, have never checked that box because it would indicate "not paid". What I've been doing is going to the link in My Marketplace that says View All Your Orders States and toggling "Paid" from there. When I go back to the individual order details after doing this, the box is checked and says "Paid". I agree there is an issue here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for this thread. I just stumbled upon it as I was trying to work out what the Paid/Unpaid meant when I checked it (check for paid? check for unpaid). That view order state helped clear everything up.

Maybe this could be updated on the Marketplace Wiki?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Weaver
United States
Denver
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ewilen wrote:

Thanks.

Seconded. I was confused the first time I saw it too, and I still don't like it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.