Eclipse: Supernova» Forums » Rules

Subject: Where does the pop go? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I didn't see it. The Eclipse Supernova rules sheet says the following:

"... the supernova explodes. All ships and structures are removed from the hex, the Population cubes go back to the Population tracks,"

So they go directly back to the tracks? No stop at the graveyard? Just wanted to be sure on this (makes the supernova hurt more in terms of production.) It seems a bit counterintuitive (wouldn't they be dead?) but maybe they all evacuated in time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Bigmore
England
Abingdon
Oxon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe all the production got destroyed in the supernova too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
ParticleMan wrote:
Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere, but I didn't see it. The Eclipse Supernova rules sheet says the following:

"... the supernova explodes. All ships and structures are removed from the hex, the Population cubes go back to the Population tracks,"

So they go directly back to the tracks? No stop at the graveyard? Just wanted to be sure on this (makes the supernova hurt more in terms of production.) It seems a bit counterintuitive (wouldn't they be dead?) but maybe they all evacuated in time.

Since the roll is at the start of the Cleanup phase (which is when the Graveyard moves into the tracks anyhow), I think this is a non-issue.

Remember also: As your tracks decrease, your actual population increases. Placing them on the board represents your population growing and entering the workforce in some way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Gamethyme wrote:
Since the roll is at the start of the Cleanup phase (which is when the Graveyard moves into the tracks anyhow), I think this is a non-issue.

Ah. So the supernova explodes after production for the turn. Got it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr. Body
msg tools
Pop goes the weasel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.