Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
So I'm working on a new four player variant for Summoner Wars and I need people to help me play test it out. Me and my friend like this game a lot but we are not big fans of the four player rules. So I've made my own but I want other people to also play it to make sure that my rules and ideas work.

About the variant:
This variant adds an extra board peace that the players put in the middle. I call this peace, and the variant the wasteland.

So here is the thing:
If you’re interested in beta testing this variant please let me know by posting below. You need to understand that if you test this variant it is with the understanding that after you play you will write on this post or geekmail me with what worked and what didn't.
Be honest with me. I'm a big boy I can handle the truth. But also don't be mean. If you don't like it tell me why so that I can work on it don't just tell me it sucks. Likewise, if you like it don't just tell me that let me know what you liked and what worked.

Waiting:
I'm still working out some of the kinks I have found in it. So it could be a little bit before it’s ready for you. I'm hoping to have it done by next week but will see.

Thank you and game on!!!!!

edit: here is what I have for the rules and game so far
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3941199/wasteland%20rules-1-1.docx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who will be the winner? - the last Summoner standing?
Is there any bonus applied to those who will kill the one of enemy summoners? - like i.ex. all remaining cards on board & in hand to his magic pile or something similar?

And one more note - you may also use the same variant/rules for the 3 player game as well, but you will have to - of course - change the squares to more like a combination of triangles (and to be more specific: triangles on sides, rectangles on the middle sides and one triangle in middle).

Btw, I would consider to keep the Vine Wall effect if there are at least 2 of them at one Wasteland's square at once... it is an important effect for the Swamp orcs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
XehutL wrote:
Who will be the winner? - the last Summoner standing?
Is there any bonus applied to those who will kill the one of enemy summoners? - like i.ex. all remaining cards on board & in hand to his magic pile or something similar?

And one more note - you may also use the same variant/rules for the 3 player game as well, but you will have to - of course - change the squares to more like a combination of triangles (and to be more specific: triangles on sides, rectangles on the middle sides and one triangle in middle).

Btw, I would consider to keep the Vine Wall effect if there are at least 2 of them at one Wasteland's square at once... it is an important effect for the Swamp orcs.

So the how to win was lready on there but I made it easyer to see and Likeed the idea about a reward and about the vine walls. I added both in to the varent.

thanks for taking a look I hadent thought about it that way and I it was nice to have a new set of eyes take a look at it.

thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How's the testing going?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Van
United States
Rexburg
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
ok from what I've seen it work although it does make it a much longer game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hejna
Czech Republic
Prague
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jamesbv7 wrote:
ok from what I've seen it work although it does make it a much longer game

Even with the first death? (i.e. the first summoner taking second soul stone is a winner?)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.