Subject: Wargames you are prepping for play - February 2012 Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Vista
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am preparing to play Grunt in the course of my TRIP THROUGH EVERY S&T GAME EVER!

It looks like a lot of fun, and I'm hoping the basic game is simple enough to play with my little girl. And then I'll play it with my Vietnamese wargamer friend so he can curse at me in the native lingo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
New England Patriots
badge
http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/index.php
mbmb
http://social.consimworld.com/forum/topics/whatcha-preppin?x...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Storm over the Reich, 90% rules read...struggling between Vassal or physical solitaire play on the limited desk top.

Up Front, Frederick is going to teach me this card game and he assures me I shall like it....hmmm....

Red Russia, another solitaire in the beginning of March. If I go Vassal on Red Storm over the Reich, I will put this down on the table because it is one mapper game.

I feel elevated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Nepal
Anapurna Valley
flag msg tools
We fly as one...
mbmbmbmbmb
Literally helping play test and edit Bloody April 1917 for release in Juy.

This game is looking better and better. Can't wait to play with little cardboard bits on a real paper map. Vassal is for electrons!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
just finished stickering the base game of C&C Ancients, which took less time than i expected (was finished within 6 hours of noncontinuous stickering). also sleeved the cards. Now all i need is a bit of wood for my card stands and i am ready to play. as soon as i can find an opponent that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Punching Nightfighter as we speak, going to play "The Kammhuber Line" Scenario where the Germans created a stretch of searchlights to search for bombers.

I must say! The solitaire rules are a lot more complex then the regular rules. At the very least there are a lot more rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick O'Halloran
United States
Asbury Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Bubba
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been having fun with my new counter clipper [ see http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/753278/implementing-the-... ].

Currently clipping two monsters La Bataille de la Moscowa (third edition) and The Battle for Normandy. About half way through the rules for both. After I finish my Barbarossa addiction, I'd like to try a small scenario of either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
There are two kinds of ships: Submarines, and Targets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pulled out two oldies-but-goodies, Battle Hymn and Leatherneck. Clipped (with new super-whamodyne clipper: Implementing the Perfect Solution... to counter clipping), sorted, organized, cleaned, inventoried (complete!), and inserted errata. Ready to go to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alita The Heretic
United States
Seattle
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered No Retreat...can't wait !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edmund Hon
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Punching and clipping The Last Success: Napoleon's March to Vienna, 1809 and The Coming Storm. One of those will be going on the game table next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Finished cutting the Lock 'n Load: Heroes of the Gap counters

Finished cutting and read the rules to (and had a sample turn of) World at War: Eisenbach Gap

Finished cutting World at War: Death of the 1st Panzer

Half way through cutting the World at War: Blood and Bridges Counters

Ordered a x-Acto X2000 to try instead of my current hobby knife before I start cutting World at War: The Untold Stories

Stickered Strike of the Eagle

Started reading 'Team Yankee' (Important prep for World at war )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have a World at War syndrome?laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Great Barford, Bedford
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
You have a World at War syndrome? laugh

I'm entering the 12 step program soon laugh

Had EG on my shelf for about a year but no opponent, I now have an opponent for some wargaming every so often so it was time to let the counters see some action.

Got B&B from ebay unopened but with a dinged corner so got that cheaper than normal

Then it was a case of 'Might as well work on buying it all'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike rosberg
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the rules for Carrier

Need to purchase some more clear-coat, and give the counters a good blast prior to punching them. I only bother doing this for games with chit pulling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
Rekim wrote:
Reading the rules for Carrier

Need to purchase some more clear-coat, and give the counters a good blast prior to punching them. I only bother doing this for games with chit pulling.

I've noticed what really ruins chits is when people hold them and rub them between their fingers while thinking (this often happens with chit-pulling games, for some reason). My first copy of Across 5 Aprils was ruined when I lent it to a friend who played with someone who did that (he was nice enough to get me another copy). I then learned that this other person also bent cards, banged the corners of chits and cards on the table, tapped things with his fingernails, and scraped cards on his beard and teeth while thinking! angry yuk

So maybe it's a matter of teaching who you play with to be careful, although I admit that sometimes components are extremely fragile and wear easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Mero Babu
badge
Ashwin in Dorset
mbmbmbmbmb

Reading through the rules for Burma. OCS is definitely a step up from SCS, but I'm getting to grips with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After finishing another 2 games of Nightfighter, I finished reading the rules for Phantom Fury as well and will have that on the table tonight. Looks pretty intense, can't wait to see how all the elements and rules melt with the tactical situation of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finished up clipping Stalingrad Pocket (second edition) and stickering Commands & Colors: Ancients Expansion Pack #4 – Imperial Rome.

Next up - not sure, but probably stickering and clipping Europe Engulfed - I love Rick Young's games - blocks AND counters!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look at all those counters! Counter clipping is madness, madness I say! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll probably spend some time this week sleeving some more of my Strat-O-Matic Baseball cards.

I'm also considering tackling the prep work for Earth Reborn (there is so much stuff in the big box that the lid won't close completely -- and this is before I have punched anything!).

I will probably also start stickering my Commands & Colors: Napoleonics game.

When the March list is posted, we'll see if any of my intentions carried through!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Garfink wrote:
Look at all those counters! Counter clipping is madness, madness I say! shake

I saw the masculine, combat-spirited Soviet workers in ranks and files!

All power to the Soviet!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Evans
United Kingdom
Solihull
West Midlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
desertfox2004 wrote:
Finished up clipping Stalingrad Pocket (second edition) ...

You must have huge pockets to fit that in - the full size Stalingrad game must be massive! ....Sorry :blush:

I've just finished prepping my Under the Lily Banners of the Musket & Pike Battle Series, plus sorting out Bastogne: Screaming Eagles under Siege by order of arrival.

Can't wait to play both!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.