Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: "rulebooks on your table" : February 2012 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

BAR rules and Zorndorf rules. Not sure if I am getting to play this ftf but I hope to at least solo the first scenario sometime soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cscottk wrote:
mcszarka wrote:
cscottk wrote:
On my table right now, are: Case Blue and The Western Front: 1914 to 1918. And of course, the ever present Advanced Squad Leader.

That's a big table!

And that is why I love VASSAL. If it didn't exist, I may as well trash 98% of my wargames.

That's a trick. The subject is about "rulebooks" on the table, not games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tacman88 wrote:
I've got the map laid out for First Team: Vietnam, getting ready to punch the counters, and have almost finished my first read through of the rules. I'm pumped 'cause I just finished a book on Abrams in Vietnam( A Better War- highly recommended).

The mechanics look pretty interesting too, since the game handles the NVA.

The game is always ready in my closet...it calls to play it often. I just lack the determination. It has been a good game claimed by the time. I am always curious about how good it is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kinney
United States
Winthrop
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill Lawson
United States
Rutland
Vermont
flag msg tools
New England Patriots
badge
http://thegamebox.gamesontables.com/index.php
mbmb

Started talking about what a great game

is. Now I only have 33 pages of rules to get through for the 'basic' rules to play the solitaire scenarios. Only an additional 19 pages would let me play the big boy scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Buhl
United States
Pittsfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
(but soon to be finished) game with Chris)

Yeah, that's true. I keep thinking there's a rule your missing, or it would have been over a long time ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Kinney
United States
Winthrop
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had to set the Pacific War rulebook down for a bit to get Zulus on the Ramparts! read and on the table.

Also received We Must Tell the Emperor in the mail today. Will need to give that one a spin too!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Paths of Glory rulebook for an ongoing VASSAL game in which I'll have lots of learning ahead of me.

Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division because I got it off customs this week. I'm really curious but intimidated by the sheer size of the playbook...

Hornet Leader: Carrier Air Operations to get my first campaign going this weekend or next week at the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
0,07 Geek Gold
Italy
flag msg tools
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
badge
Vendo tutta la collezione, clicca sul mio profilo per prezzi e disponibilità
mbmbmbmbmb
Labyrinth: war on terror and think it'll stay for long time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leonardo Martino
Italy
Milano
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sekigahara: The Unification of Japan!!!
Ok thats not much... but I'm a slow learner!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Grandini
Italy
Rubiera
Reggio Emilia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tactical Combat Series

GD 40

Just finished to translate Rules 4.0, ready for the set-up.
Being on the shelf since 1993, never say never....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
lichfield
staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
barliman71 wrote:
Tactical Combat Series

GD 40

Just finished to translate Rules 4.0, ready for the set-up.
Being on the shelf since 1993, never say never....

I have this one unplayed on my shelf as well. Let us know how you get on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Empires in Arms seems to be always on my table, as there are always questions, questions, and more questions... shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Bruhn
United States
Roseburg
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jovan wrote:
I picked up The Longest Day on eBay the other day. The rules look pretty straight foward however they are all over the place. A perfect candidate for a bit of scanning and a bit of cutting and pasting to bring it all together.

Supposed to be easy to play, for a monster game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hecker
Australia
Kallista, jewel of the Dandenongs
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
usrlocal wrote:
Unhappy King Charles! (Prepping for solo play followed by Vassal/PBEM (sorry Richard, taking longer than expected!))

Well, that saved my monthly 'get on with it!' email to you.

Perhaps after the whipping you served me on Twilight Struggle perhaps I will regret this in time...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew C
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Just picked up the 2010 edition and am busy punching and clipping...and clipping...and clipping.

After skimming through the rule book (I've played the 1986 version before) and in thinking about the rules for Federation Commander: Klingon Border I have to say that Mr. Cole writes some of the best rules in the business. They are extremely clear and yet still non-technical sounding. They simply explain in everyday language how everything works without any ambiguity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Hung
Hong Kong
Wan Chai
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleitus the Black wrote:

Just picked up the 2010 edition and am busy punching and clipping...and clipping...and clipping.

After skimming through the rule book (I've played the 1986 version before) and in thinking about the rules for Federation Commander: Klingon Border I have to say that Mr. Cole writes some of the best rules in the business. They are extremely clear and yet still non-technical sounding. They simply explain in everyday language how everything works without any ambiguity.

Absolutely agree!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Conway
United States
Boonville
Indiana
flag msg tools
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes... Romans 1:16
mbmbmbmbmb
Picked up a couple games while on the road for work, going to check out the rules so I'll be ready to play them with my family when I get home next week.

No Retreat! The Russian Front
Liberty: The American Revolution 1775-83
Flying Colors
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Lai
Hong Kong
Happy Valley
None
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lawrence Hung wrote:
Cleitus the Black wrote:

Absolutely agree!

Clear rules... but an odd sense of humor in the rulebooks that may not appeal to everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Judy Krauss
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
but I'm not the only one
badge
My hands are small, I know, but they're not yours, they are my own
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got several wargame rulebooks stacked up to read, but mostly I have been reading science fiction books lately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Fricke
United States
Covington
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the Operational Combat Series 4.0 rulebook getting ready for my first dive into the system with a game of Baltic Gap next weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Barree
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
General Bonkers says the War on String may be unwinnable. Detractors worry that his statements will embolden string.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pursuit of Glory which appears to be the most complex of the CDGs that I own.
Britannia which I hope to play next weekend.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Feldman
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been reading the Standard Combat Series rules (a quick read) and the game specific rules for Bastogne: Screaming Eagles under Siege. Hoping to get a solo game on the table next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
lichfield
staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kenfeldman wrote:
I've been reading the Standard Combat Series rules (a quick read) and the game specific rules for Bastogne: Screaming Eagles under Siege. Hoping to get a solo game on the table next week.

Excellent game, and plays really quickly. Good for the space- and time-challenged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ian morris
United Kingdom
lichfield
staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I've got the RAN rulebook in my other hand, going through it while I solo the Nagakute scenario. It's intricate, and I'm missing things, but I'm getting a better idea of how to play it now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Ing
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally got Phantom Leader on the table. Just punched the counters, a little clipping, and flipping through the rules now. Also skimming through Sergeants Miniatures Game: Day of Days, Sergeants Miniatures Game: Road to Carentan, and the new Flames of War: The World War II Miniatures Game 3rd edition which I just picked up yesterday (gotta love Battlefront for giving out the new edition for free for all existing 2nd edition owners).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.