Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Magdelina's unique ability, Divine Conduit, allows her to gain levels and apply bonuses based on whichever level she currently is. She gains levels by using her Spiritual style in Attack Pairs.

She has a maximum level of 5, but as only one of her cards makes her gain a level, if she uses it first beat and every beat possible after (and takes no damage), she'll gain her fifth level on beat 13: Beats 1, 4, 7, 10, 13. If she takes even one hit, she can't gain level 5. And if she's playing Ex or Almighty, she won't ever reach her sixth or seventh levels.

Am I missing anything? Just seems a little odd. Is she super powerful at level 3 or 4?

Fake Edit: Just saw that I missed that her Ex and Almight versions start at higher levels. Doh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
End of Beat effects trigger even if you're stunned, so if Magdelina plays Spiritual every time it comes up, she will reach level 5 at the end of turn 13. The only way to deny her a level is to use Pulse on the same turn she tries to level up, which can be a risky maneuver.

And yes, she is super-powerful at level 4. Level 3 is manageable, but you still had better have a good lead by that point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But if she's hit, she loses a

I'm so silly. I've been conflating her Ex/Almighty version and her regular version. Her Ex/Almighty versions lose levels when they're hit. Her regular version does not. That's why I thought she couldn't get to level 5 if she was hit. So so silly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Spencer
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Re: Magdelina and her Levels
I believe she only loses levels when she kills opponents, not when she gets hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jayson Stevens
Canada
Surrey
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
indspenceable wrote:
I believe she only loses levels when she kills opponents, not when she gets hit.

This is correct.

"Magdelina begins a match at level 2 and has a maximum level of 7. She loses a level every time an opponent is defeated."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welp, it turns out I don't know English. I'll see myself out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.