United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm playing the demo print-and-play version of the game, and a question came up about Hikaru. I used a Fire token ante to boost the strength of my attack, but the attack clashed with my opponent. When we laid the new cards down to break the clash, does the Fire ante bonus still apply throughout the round no matter how many clashes we have, or was it "used up" somehow on that first attack attempt that clashed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, the Ante does not change, only the base card, so any bonuses given by the Ante would still apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
As a follow-up question: Since we're picking new attack cards after a clash, am I allowed to add a new ante or change the existing one?

I'm pretty sure the answer to this follow-up is "no" but I thought I'd ask since it came up during play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Davis
United States
Sewickley
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No. The Ante phase (Phase 2) is before the revealing of the Attack Pairs (Phase 3) which is where the clashes occur.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.