United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing the free print-and-play preview game, and I came to BGG to check on some rules. While doing so, I noticed some references that imply the Full commercial version of the game has a limit to the number of turns in a game. This leads to a couple of questions:

* Why is a turn limit needed in the full game when it's not needed in the preview game?

* What other rules are different between the full game and preview game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noah Bogart
United States
West Chester Township
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I remember right, one of Cadenza's effects is on Reveal instead of Start of Beat (or maybe it's reversed), and Stun Immunity is absolutely not clear in the preview version. My friends and I played it wrong for 5 or 6 games before I received my copy of the full game.

Just to be clear: Stun Guard has a number that has to be beat in damage, or else damage doesn't stun. Auto-stun effects such as one of Kallistar's styles will stun even with Infinite Stun Guard. Stun Immunity is exactly as it sounds: immune to stun, even auto-stun effects. It's the only perfect anti-stun.

(Stun Immunity is not "Your attacks are immune to stun, so you ignore Stun Guard on your attacks, and auto-stun.") I"M A DAMNED FOOOOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
United States
Grand Rapids
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The turn limit was added later on. You should rarely ever get to 15 beats in a duel anyway. It gives a bit more flavor to the game as it mimics the timer in video fighting games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
FinalPhalanx wrote:
The turn limit was added later on. You should rarely ever get to 15 beats in a duel anyway. It gives a bit more flavor to the game as it mimics the timer in video fighting games.

Seconded. Additionally, it makes certain matchups (that would normally be slow slugfests) end more quickly, which is good for tournament play. Two really good tourney players might be able to drag out a game for a really long time if they are both playing weaker, defensive characters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok cool, thanks for the clarifications.

So, no other major rule differences between the preview and full game then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Talton
United States
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻
mbmbmbmbmb
cbs42 wrote:
* Why is a turn limit needed in the full game when it's not needed in the preview game?

Magdelina is in the full game. That's the only reason.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyokai wrote:
Magdelina is in the full game. That's the only reason.

Heh... I'm sure I'll come back to this post and get a chuckle when I get the full retail game in my hands. I'm assuming Magdelina is prone to turtling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Colas
Brazil
São Paulo
São Paulo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, Magdalina levels up during the game. Without a time limit, she could play keep away until she is full power, and just then start to fight...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
dinobottm2 wrote:
Actually, Magdalina levels up during the game. Without a time limit, she could play keep away until she is full power, and just then start to fight...

Oh, yeah... Yeah, Magdalina would be brutal in a game without a turn limit. That never occured to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.