Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Benjamine Allen
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if either of these will appear in the future? I think they might as well do it since they have 3 realms already covered. Maybe you could import all the data from comicbookdb, etc., or try to work a deal and incorporate them into the fold...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Exit...pursued by a bear.
mb
There have been hints here and there. I don't think anyone outside Scott's inner circle who really know for sure what is next. But "something" is next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
poke450 wrote:
Does anyone know if either of these will appear in the future? I think they might as well do it since they have 3 realms already covered. Maybe you could import all the data from comicbookdb, etc., or try to work a deal and incorporate them into the fold...

As far as what people are clamoring for, in a poll of 4000+ users it was "books" by a wide margin:

Item for Geeklist "The Geek Annual User POLL 2011: Results & Analysis "

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad to see the comic books suggestion listed so low at 17%, but that's only because *I* am a comic book geek. Not that I don't read other books, I do quite a bit, but I don't geek out about them as I do with comics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Exit...pursued by a bear.
mb
One's I'm waiting for.

beergeek.com, moviegeek.com and scifigeek.com(I find books too general,and would get all the Eclipse riff-raff. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
One's I'm waiting for.

beergeek.com, moviegeek.com and scifigeek.com(I find books too general,and would get all the Eclipse riff-raff. )

Oooh... beergeek. Now THAT would be awesome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
col_w
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
mb
Yeah I hear you... comicgeek and bookwormgeek are on the horizon... ninja
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Em
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Comicbookgeek and Bookwormgeek sound awesome to me. I have a huge collection of fantasy and horror hardcover books that I've wanted to catalog for ages, and the comics have gotten a little out of hand as well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott A. Reed
United States
Lawrence
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
(Not speaking as a representative for BGG) I think that BookWormGeek and ComicBookGeek will be closer to being a reality after the UI redesign is finished. The guys are working hard on this one to overhaul ~10 years of programming to put together a more-polished product that can be better ported over to other types of media and will better integrate site features that have been programed over this time. I'm sure they're casting an eye toward further site expansion and the potential for site expansion with their new programming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mb
Also not speaking as an admin, any new site would likely take into account market competition as well as user demand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
All I know is that I still have a lot of work to do on RPGgeek and VGG.
If there is a new site, I may well have to quit my job to keep up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't imagine how much of my life I would spend on ComicBook Geek if they put it up. I could almost single handedly populate that....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
I can't imagine how much of my life I would spend on ComicBook Geek if they put it up. I could almost single handedly populate that....

But do you have A Team # 1 and Fraggle Rock number 1?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mb
I have the fraggle rock that was given away at free comic book day a few years ago. I don't remember which of my kids wanted that one. Probably my daughter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
1nf1n1ty wrote:

But do you have A Team # 1 and Fraggle Rock number 1?

I went and checked. I have 2 A-Team #1 and then one each of #2 and #3.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Alden
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
admin
Aldie's Full of Love!
mbmb
To reiterate what Scott already said - everyone is *really* focused on the redesign. Once we get past this huge amount of work we can go back to creating new 'geeks (books, comics, ???) and updating a lot of the features that are in need of refreshing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Thayer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender Wiggin wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
One's I'm waiting for.

SodaGeek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
gulp I have recently 'beheld'-and even WAS "B"-'holding'-a Tipper Gore Comix, so, were we going to ALLOW "such" 'trash' onto here too? shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge in charge!
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
Why should I fret in microcosmic bonds / That chafe the spirit, and the mind repress / When through the clouds gleam beckoning beyonds / Whose shining vistas mock man's littleness?
mbmbmbmb
Aldie wrote:
To reiterate what Scott already said - everyone is *really* focused on the redesign. Once we get past this huge amount of work we can go back to creating new 'geeks (books, comics, ???) and updating a lot of the features that are in need of refreshing.

Action figures! Or toys in general. Although that might be a little daunting to ever complete, as there are too many toylines and versions out there in the wild.

So I guess books and comics might be better suited for the geekverse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:

Action figures!

If you're interested in that kind of thing you've gotta check this book out:
Tomart's Encyclopedia of Action Figures
http://www.amazon.com/Tomarts-Encyclopedia-Figures-Popular-C...
It's got itemized units from every line, photos, history, even approximate value (although that part would be a bit dated, it's as of 12 years ago).

I bought it on clearance for a few bucks ~5 years ago. As a one-time GI Joe/Star Wars action figure collector, it's provided many hours of entertainment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Henning
United States
Worthington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Roll On!!
badge
Game On!!
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:
Engoduun wrote:

Action figures!

If you're interested in that kind of thing you've gotta check this book out:
Tomart's Encyclopedia of Action Figures
http://www.amazon.com/Tomarts-Encyclopedia-Figures-Popular-C...
It's got itemized units from every line, photos, history, even approximate value (although that part would be a bit dated, it's as of 12 years ago).

I bought it on clearance for a few bucks ~5 years ago. As a one-time GI Joe/Star Wars action figure collector, it's provided many hours of entertainment.

That was a great mag too
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Powers
United States
Marble
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender Wiggin wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
One's I'm waiting for.

beeradvocate.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Original Dibbler
Germany
Aachen
NRW
flag msg tools
designer
What's one damage?
badge
It's na-fing!
mbmbmbmbmb
col_w wrote:
Yeah I hear you... comicgeek and bookwormgeek are on the horizon... ninja

I would love and use a bookgeek site but bookwormgeek sounds a litle distrubing. A bookwormgeek is someone who cares about bookworms a lot, right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
keethrax wrote:
Ender Wiggin wrote:
MWChapel wrote:
One's I'm waiting for.

beeradvocate.com

I check out beeradvocate frequently.

Mash quality beer info from beeradvocate with layout/format of boardgamegeek and THAT would be awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
I still want a music geek where I can talk about my favorite record albums (stomps with his feets and pouts). meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.