Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Another in a continuing set of session reports, you can see the previous article Here

At the end of the first turn the board looked like this:

Zac is gnashing his teeth at the loss of his Medium Link, and places his Relay Counter on my Heavy Link. Next he rolls his Activation Dice. He gets a little bit of everything, one Recon Link, one Heavy Link, one Medium Link, one Infantry, and one Weapons System Card.

With his dice rolls, he has no real choices on what to do with his dice, each is assigned to his units, and the medium goes to waste since he has no Medium Links. Zac pushes forward his Heavy Link one space as that is the maximum movement for a Heavy Link.

This puts it at a direct diagonal to my Heavy Link, I think I know what is coming. Next up he moves his Recon Link.

This puts his recon link on a direct line of site of my Heavy Link as well. Hopefully I can handle two strikes!

Lastly he moves his Infantry up one space putting it on another diagonal to my Heavy Link, ugghh have to defend from three attacks this turn.

I'm not too worried as the Heavy Link still rolls a D10 for defense. so after movement the board looks like this.

Zac as expected lays down three weapon system cards, one for each unit. This is a bit dangerous as he is running low on Weapon System cards. I play one Weapon System card in Defense. Hopefully his attack will fail miserably and I can wipe the board with him on my turn.

Zac starts off hard with his Heavy Link. He reveals a 6 Target card, and I reveal my Anti-Missle Missle card, which negates his Weapon System Card. It comes down to just dice now. He rolls a seven, which becomes an eight due to his relay chip, and I roll a three! Oh my dice have betrayed me! He doubles my result, which means I lose two power crystals.

I'm now defenseless against his other Link attacks, I just have to rely on my dice rolling to pull me through. He attacks with his Recon Link next, and reveals a Target 4. He rolls a 6!! for a total of eleven including the Relay bonus, I manage to roll a 9 so he doesn't double me, but I still take another hit, that brings my Heavy Link down to 2 Power Crystals left.

Lastly he reveals his Infantry card, it is only a Target 1, but it does have score two additional damage text. He rolls the dice and gets only a 3 with his target card and relay bonus it goes up to 5, surely I can roll high enough to stay alive?

Nope, I only rolled a 2. My Heavy Link goes up in a ball of flames, and suddenly it isn't looking so bleak for Zac. As I cradle my Heavy Link in my hands, I think of the revenge I will wreak next turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmb
Well, it turns out that I'm not perfect. We missed a rule in here. Anti-Missle Missle's cancel combat, not just the card. So the two damage Zac scored on my Heavy Link would have been canceled. As we have moved on to the next turn, I'll ask your indulgence in assuming my Anti-Missle Missle card was actually a Target 1 card, which would have had the same effect. Thanks to Richard Borg for pointing out my error!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.