Popular Tags: [View All]
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Situation:
5 Hoplites attacking, where the AL is 3. Lead unit is going to go first with the LEAD bonus, followed by 2 other units each with a Supporting unit bonus.
LEAD unit must get spent after doing an all-out-attack, so I pull it from the line and designate one of the others to take lead. Since it is now the lead, should it not get the LEAD bonus? Can it still get a bonus for the original Supporting unit, or is that unit now out of the attack...

Until I hear differently, I am only allowing the original LEAD unit to get the LEAD bonus, and if an originally paired up unit needs to take over, they lose the bonus for the Supporting unit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoZulu wrote:
Situation:
LEAD unit must get spent after doing an all-out-attack, so I pull it from the line and designate one of the others to take lead. Since it is now the lead, should it not get the LEAD bonus?

A lead unit which gets spent by it's own all-out-attack is still lead unit until the end of the whole attack (= after all units in the attacker's tile have rolled).
It may only be replaced as lead after the whole attack (or at the end of the own turn - I do not have the rulebook here, but it makes no practical difference if at the end of turn or after the whole attack, I think).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Mather
United States
Yuma
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I apparently had a brain-fart with that one...Only defending units may swap out their LEAD unit, attackers cannot. Once again, a case of needing to read, reread, examine the examples and cross reference it in the book. It truly is a beautiful system, and I almost "got it"!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PsychoZulu wrote:
I apparently had a brain-fart with that one...Only defending units may swap out their LEAD unit, attackers cannot.

Attackers can also swap their lead unit, if it became spent due to an all-out attack. Though not during the attack but afterwards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Chapman
Australia
Norwood
SA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What occurs in the situation where the attacker uses a spent unit as the lead unit and has fresh units behind. Can the attacker at the end of the turn cycle the spent lead unit rearwards and promote a fresh unit to the lead?

Why? Consider the example of an attacker with a spent HC and a fresh hoplites vs a defending LI. The HC only needs a 7 to hit the LI where the hoplites would need a 9. Clearly you'd prefer to attack with the HC and defend with the hoplites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.