Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
batdog wrote:
Sensible question: I understand why you shied away from any railway connotations, but why "Snowdonia"? Seems too broad a title compared to a simple "Snowdon".

Because I wanted to evoke the bigness, the grandness of the environment in which the railway is being built. The weather is a key mechanic that can affect the flow of the game and, as a consequence, what VP path you might follow - and the weather is a regional thing, rather than just the mountain (as its ALL mountainous there!). Plus, it sounds much more sweeping and majestic with the soft 'ey-uh' on the end
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Smith
United States
Newburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Stay thirsty my friends.
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I'd prefer a combination of the titles --

Mountain Railway: Snowdonia

I think that just the word Snowdonia is not very descriptive nor enticing. Plus, if you have any expansion plans in mind after its huuuge initial success , a tag line of another game in the Mountain Railway system is a good lead in. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great to see this game is finally in production! It was UK Games Expo of 2010 which I played the early prototype, which even way back then, I thought was a balanced and very good game.

Will it be at UK Games Expo this year then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chooi wrote:

Will it be at UK Games Expo this year then?

In demo form, yes...I'm still doing the artwork! It'd be great for you to give it a whirl - its changed around the edges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snowden Wyatt
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Joe Lansdale Rules!
mbmbmbmbmb
May not be my cup of tea, but for some strange reason I feel the urge to own it should it ever be published...pity about the spelling though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Lewis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just found this and def intrested in this! And as someone who has gone up Snowdon many many times this is right up my street.
You could call it "cheat Mountain" for all those lazy bums who get a train right to the top of Snowdon were the real men and women go up via crib goch.

You have sold me and i await production
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a lot harder walking up...when you're building the railway at the same time!

size38waist wrote:
Just found this and def intrested in this! And as someone who has gone up Snowdon many many times this is right up my street.
You could call it "cheat Mountain" for all those lazy bums who get a train right to the top of Snowdon were the real men and women go up via crib goch.

You have sold me and i await production
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Helllow Bayyybee
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - yes please.

E-mail sent to surprised stare games. I cannot wait.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Helllow Bayyybee
mbmbmbmbmb
batdog wrote:
Looking again at the great illustrations, reminds me of Noggin the Nog. Which then leads on through the Oliver Postgate/Peter Firmin canon to the obvious marketing angle: Ivor the Engine. I'm sure you could add cards for Bluebell the Donkey and Idris the Dragon to assist with the construction.

Sensible question: I understand why you shied away from any railway connotations, but why "Snowdonia"? Seems too broad a title compared to a simple "Snowdon".

Well said. That's just what I thought when I saw the art work. Please don't change it, it looks brilliant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Big Bopper wrote:
E-mail sent...

why? Is it already available for preorder? I don't get it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I have been searching for a good worker placement game that takes about an hour. This game looks like a buy for me just based on this overview. I really hope you guys get North American distribution, otherwise I will be forced to import it!

Well done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quelf elf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice work, Tony. I'm sold. I can't preorder, though, as there do not apear to be economically viable preorder options for Canada. Do you know when the retailers there should have it in general stock?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Boydell
United Kingdom
Newent. Glos
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I don't know - we're a small co. and don't have a formal distributor. Funagain are doing US for us because we will see Nick at Essen and he'll take the games off us there and ship 'em home.

Can you viably order from funagain? It's the same body of land (albeit huge)?

Alternatively, postage if you order from ourselves (based in UK) would be around £15...

Cheers,
Tony
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
quelf elf
Spain
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.