Subject: No forfeiting actions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei Ungureanu
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

The following situation occurred in my last game. I, playing the dwarves, had one action left, wasn't adjacent to the dragon ( could not atack him with the bow either ) and had 6 cards, none of which had any movement capabilities. The rules say that I am not allowed to forfeit my action. Am I therefore forced to draw 2 cards and then discard 2 to reach the 6 cards limit ? Seems a waste of precious cards
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kolev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The core of this game is hand management - actually, each player *aims* to put his opponent in situations where he has to waste cards. In your case it seems the dragon is playing well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kuba P.
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I resolve this kind of situation by letting a player discard a card without using its effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kolev
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jeekubPL wrote:
I resolve this kind of situation by letting a player discard a card without using its effect.

Actually it seems you're right. The rules say "a player *can* make" an attack, which means that you can play an attack card without effect, which is the same as discarding it.
On the other hand, if you choose to draw 2 cards first you'll have a larger choice of cards to discard from (it might happen that the cards you draw are even more useless than the ones you have... quite unlikely, but possible).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Ungureanu
Romania
Bucharest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I see, thanks for the replies
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.